Chapter 15: The Revelation

I saw the word Charlee. He called me Charlee. It hurt a bit that he didn't know who I really was. It's not his fault, really. I lied to him, but anyone would know it was for a good cause. If I told him, he would tell everyone else, news would spread, MSP would find out and at the end, the authorities would investigate my account and I would be caught.

But did I really doubt him that much? And would he actually go and tell everyone? No, I trusted him. I decided it was time I tell him. But discreetly.

I texted him, "Meet me at our usual hangout at 5:00 PM sharp." He texted me a tongue-stick-outie emoji. You can always count on him to make fun of something serious. He had no idea what was about to hit him. I bet lots of people have imagined meeting and being close to an MSP employee! Well, okay, former MSP employee but it's still good to say I was part of MSP at one time.

So, we met up at the beach at 5:00...sharp. He found me and then smiled and waved. I didn't wave back. "What's up?", he asked. I didn't answer. "Jeez Louise. The atmosphere is tense, what's wrong?"

I breathed in and then breathed out. I touched his shoulder and then took him far from the crowds. "Gab." He looked at me, worriedly. "Look, please, believe me, I..." He signaled me to continue speaking. "I work at MSP." Then I chuckled, "Well, I WORKED at MSP." He just stared at me in dismay. "You're kidding.", he snorted. I rolled my eyes, "Do you think I'm kidding?" He looked down, "No, not really. Well, are you lying to me? ...No, you wouldn't lie to me..unless IT WAS FOR A VERY GOOD REASON! Of course! Is it my birthday and you're throwing a surprise party? Wait, nope, last time I checked my birthday was 4 months ago, so that can't be it." He gazed at me.

"Are you really, truly, honestly, serious?" I nodded. 

He gawked at me. "God, I just didn't expect this. Wow..just wow." I sighed. I know, telling Gab was either a big mistake or a big help. Maybe he'll turn out to be a trump card, trump-ier than he is now, of course.

I'm actually sort of relieved to get that load off my back. I'm happy I told him.

He promptly said after, "So, Operation Remove Pixi?"