Chapter-3: Chase, The Bad Boy.

One Week Later

One Week Later

I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, I was that nervous. Changing schools and states is not an easy task. Some would would be arrogant enough to say, 'What's the big deal?' Well, newsflash! It is a big deal. All of us as humans strive for consistency in our life, one reason why everybody is not comfortable with changes.

Change is the only constant force in nature and we must accept it. It is easier said than done. Adjusting in a totally new environment is not a cakewalk, even for a person who hasn't had a single friend ever, like me.

I am not exactly sure why I never had friends. In school I never approached anyone. Going to classes, completing assignments, and going back home, that was my routine.

It was my first day at The Ravenport High in Huntsville. My mom had literally taught me how to make friends.

"Alicia, you should greet the person who would sit beside you. That's a start." I remembered her words. Well, I am not really a social person. I remember getting an E on an assignment on social skills once.

I wasn't really ready to create a scene on first day of school. Moreover, most of the people here already had certain groups and I wasn't sure anybody would want me to infiltrate there's.

"It will be fine, darling." Dad assured me, as I continued to stab at my breakfast and my legs shook at their own accord.

"I know nothing about the school, Dad. What if I get bullied?"

"You won't. Huntsville is a pretty peaceful place." Mom said.

I knew there was no point arguing with my parents, so I dropped the topic. They were in love with Huntsville for apparently no reason. With no offence to the people who've living here, I believe that this place is absolutely boring.

After finishing my breakfast, I drove my car out of the garage and connected my phone with the system.

I quickly typed out the location I needed to reach and followed all the directions carefully.

"Turn right and continue straight for five hundred metres." I followed whatever Siri barked at me.

"Your destination." I parked my car in the parking lot of a huge brick red building. I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and headed inside the building. After searching for some time, I was able to find the office.

"Excuse me, I am new here." I spoke to the red haired lady who was sitting behind a white table.

"What's your name, honey?" She smiled at me. Her green eyes crinkled when she smiled.