Notes

Alex's POV

   I feel awful about walking out on John, but I don't wanna talk to him yet. A little while later, I see John walk into the classroom.

  His hood is up but his eyes are trained in his feet. He sits beside me because our teacher gave us annoying assigned seats.

Our history teacher starts talking about some weird guy I've never heard of. His name is.. Lin-Manuel Miranda...?? I decide the lesson wasn't important.

I started doodling little turtles on my arm. I'm getting quite good at drawing them!! I can't wait to show Jo- wait.. I forgot we hated each other right now..

Peggy and John keep passing notes to each other during class. I sneak a peek at one that fell on the ground.
It said: How does this look??? Dear Alexander,
I am incredibly sorry about how I have been acting. I love you. Now you probably hate me BC I said that, but that doesn't change my feelings. If you never want to talk to me again, I get it.
                    Sincerely, Me

   The bottom of the note read: That looks so good!!! Rewrite it, and give it to him!!!!

    I look over at John and I see him writing. I assume it's the prewritten letter he sent to Peggy.

   All the sudden, I feel something fall into my lap. I look down and it's a folded up price of paper with little hearts and turtles over it. Immediately I know it's from John.

As I unfold it, I see little specks where the letter is wet. I look over at John and see he's crying. Again. I want to run over and hug him so badly but I think it would disrupt the class.

I read the note. It's exactly like the one he was testing out with Peggy. I smile, put it in my pocket and start writing.

My dearest, John
Words cannot describe my love for you. I could never hate you. This was just a small quarrel between us. (MY CHOICE OF WORDS) A bump in the road. We will get over it soon.
Sincerely, Me

I put it into the hood of his sweatshirt. He reaches for it, still trying to hide his red eyes from crying.

I see a smile creep onto his face as reads it. He stuffs it into his pocket and returns to passing more notes with Peggy.