Text

A/N lol I'm at my aunts house because we are getting a kitchen remodel and so yeahhhhhh this might be a short chapter. Btw if anyone wants it, my Instagram is elephantlady37_aj so yeah. Enjoy!!
           3rd Person

   John watched as his father walked out of the room. Once Henry was out of sight, he raced up to his room and texted Alex. His fingers tapping on the screen were as fast as lightning. Then, he pressed Send.

Text conversation with Alex

In_The_Place_2_Be- WHAT THE HELL MAN?!?!

Just_U_Wait- ???

In_The_Place_2_Be- MY DAD SAW THAT TXT.

Just_U_Wait- so??

In_The_Place_2_Be- HE'S THE BIGGEST HOMOPHOBE EVER.

Just_U_Wait- Oh shit...

In_The_Place_2_Be- I had to lie and say you had a girlfriend and you sent to me on accident. I don't want to say you have a girlfriend😡😡😡.

Just_U_Wait- ewww girls have cooties😋😂😋😂

In_The_Place_2_Be- Alex. This is  /not/ a laughing matter. My dad says if he finds one more flirty text, he'll beat my ass. He's not bluffing. It's happened before...

Just_U_Wait- omg... John I'm so sorry.... I didn't know..

In_The_Place_2_Be- it's ok. Thanks.

*At School*
John's POV

I walk into the classroom and goes to the opposite side of the room from where Alex was sitting. I really don't want to talk to him about the texts. Alex is the only person I have ever talked to about my dad.

Shit. Alex saw me. Aww man he's walking over here.

"Are you avoiding me, John?" Alex asks. "Uhh nope." I say, popping the 'P' I refuse to look at anything except my hands.

Obviously he doesn't believe me so he asks, "Are you suuurrreee?"
He's getting on my nerves. Finally, I give up the nice act and lay it all on the line. I was like:
"Look. You are the ONLY person I have told about my father. I need you to respect it. You probably think I'm a freak anyways."

  I walk/run out of the classroom to the bathroom right down the hall. I feel hot tears streaming down my face as I lock the door to a stall. All of the sudden I hear someone walk in. I pull my feet up and stop making sobbing noises.

  "John..?" The voice says. Shit. I recognize that voice. It's Alex. I stay silent and hope he goes away. "John, I know you're in here. I saw you run in." Goddamnit.

   Finally, I speak. "What the hell do you want, Hamilton.." I spat out his last name like it was an insult.

  I see his sneakers under the door of the stall. He knocks on the door to the stall and jiggles the handle. "Let me in! I just want to talk." He says. Alex sounds sincere so I walk out of the stall.

   "If you went in the stall with me, people would think we were doing.. ya know.. umm.. /it/... hehe." I refuse to look him on the eye. My hood is up so he can't see my red eyes from crying.

   I realize one of my tears had just fallen onto Alex's shoe. He grabs my hand. "Hey... John. It's ok to be sad sometimes.." Alex is trying to make me feel better. And goddamn it's working.

   I look up at his face and see that he's crying a little too. I automatically feel awful for making him cry. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I hug him so tight I feel like he's going to pop.

   He sniffs. "It's ok John... my dad was a homophobe too. That's one of the reasons he left us.."

A/N THE LAST PARAGRAPH ISNT TRUE. I JUST PUT IT THERE BC I FELT LIKE IT. GOD IM SO CRINGY OH MY GOD. IM SORRY ITS REALLY BAD EWWWWWWW ITS ALSO WAY TOO SHORT UGHHHHHH