Prem seemed surprised, "Would you reject her if she asked you?"

"Of course, I don't like her that way.  Until you just told me, I didn't even know her name."

Prem smiled happily, nodding.

Even though Korn returned the smile, he was heartbroken.  He had guessed correctly; Prem liked her.

********************

"Thinnakorn, will you show the others how to solve this question on the board?"  The teacher had caught him drifting off to his world.  Prem sat at the front while Korn preferred to sit in the corner.  Both of them had agreed that was the only way they would get anything done.

Korn stood up embarrassed, glancing at the board.  He hadn't been following the lesson.

"Why?  Didn't you find the answer at the back of Prem's head?" the teacher growled.  "If you need to talk to your friend, wait until the class is over Thinnakorn."

Korn felt all the blood in his face drain.  The entire class was laughing.  Korn smirked internally; drawing wasn't the only skill he had.

He left his seat and went up to the board.

Done.

Nice and neat.

All he had to do was look at the board once to get what they were doing; the teacher was silent.

 Korn smiled at her, then at Prem, who smirked at him.

"That's correct, well done."

The teacher didn't bother him for the rest of the lesson.

********************

"You have to put yourself out more.  You are talented.  Why are you hiding?" Prem asked him.  It was one of the rare days Prem accompanied him after school on their bicycles.

 "I like the way things are Prem.  I don't like attracting attention."

"Well, I shouldn't be complaining."

"What are you talking about?"

"Ai Korn, want to go to our usual spot in the forest?" Prem asked, ignoring his question.

"Now?"

"We haven't gone there in a long time."

"Whose fault is that?  You are always busy being Mr. Popular."

"Are you jealous?" Prem asked, with a sly smile.

Korn looked unamused, "As if!  Why would I be?"

When they reached the path across the forest that leads towards the river they got off their bicycles and started walking one after the other.

Prem was walking ahead of him.  Korn loved walking through the forest with Prem.  It felt peaceful as if they were the only ones in the world.  He could be anyone he liked besides the person he was most comfortable with.

********************

They were seated under their usual tree.  Korn was in a trance looking at the river flow.  He could feel Prem's gaze in his face.  Korn was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" Prem asked.

How did Prem know how he was feeling.

"Since you know you are, might as well tell me why you are staring."

"I'm doing the same thing you do when we are in class."

Korn was thinking quickly.  Did Prem know about him staring?  His heart was beating against his chest.

"Sometimes the classes are boring and looking at you is funny and entertaining."

Prem's smile faltered, "You stare at me because you think I'm funny?"

"Yeah... your concentrating face is quite funny."

Prem looked away from him.  The atmosphere between them was suddenly dark and gloomy.  Korn decided to change the subject.

"Ai Prem, what do you want to do after school?"

Prem let out a deep sigh.  "I don't know yet," he replied.

Korn didn't like the tone Prem was using it was irritated.

"What about you Korn?"

"I want to go to Bangkok and become an engineer."

"You want to leave?"

"Yes, I want to get out of this place."

Prem's voice broke when he responded.

"Good to know."

***************************************************

A/N - In case anyone is still confused.  Korn is Arthit in his previous life

Shoutout to senpai poppunoid for guessing it on the comments from the very beginning!