The Kalmar Union: Bloodbath

(A/N hello everyone, we're back and it's Eurovision week!!! And I'm a bit bitter because Svala didn't qualify. I love her and her song so much. Anyway, I'm back and there's only one chapter of The Kalmar Union part left! What's gonna happen?! Also stay tuned in I have a little surprise for all of you. Enjoy!)

The dinner felt unpleasent. The Danish king has gathered around 80 people in Stockholm for a dinner Mathias hosted. All eyes were on him, but he was surprisingly calm which wasn't a good sign. It even made Emil uncomfortable enough so he only ate two cakes... out of his normal five cakes.

Lukas was beyond worried. He knew Mathias. He knew that he was never calm. Even as their 'leader' he was still very energetic, so this calm expression he wore while eating his meat meant he was planning something.

It must be something big. He was never this calm. Mathias, whatever you do, don't do something stupid and hurt us all.

Unfortunately for Lukas, his prayers weren't met for Mathias already planned everything in his head.

After finishing eating (not Emil, but most of them yes), Mathias stood up.

"Since we're all already here to discuss politics, how about we do this somewhere more comfortable? Let's go outside to get some fresh air." He said while smiling, but it wasn't one of his signature smiles, this one was...dark.

And they did like Mathias said. Still feeling uneasy and all, but they did it like suggested because a little fresh air wouldn't hurt them, right?

They had reached the main street of Stockholm and Lukas stepped right next to Mathias.

"What are you planning to do? I know you and you're acting weird today. What are you going to do?" Lukas said to him.

Mathias smiled, partly because he was happy Lukas actually spoke to him after a long while and also that, after everything going on between them, Lukas still knew him well. It meant to him that Lukas could still love him.

"You'll see, but for now worry only about Emil because what I'm going to do won't be pretty." He said.

"Hey, Danish kid! We've got enough fresh air! Let's go back and discuss the problem here with this country!" Someone shouted at Mathias.

Mathias turned around and faced the person shouting at him. His smile disappeared and his once-in-a-lifetime stoic face made itself known.

"Problem with this country? I don't see any problems with this country, it seems to be functioning just fine." He stopped and looked back at Lukas with a look that said go find Emil and make sure he doesn't see this which is exactly what Lukas did.

Mathias then turned back around to face the Swedes and continued.

"But if you're the ones mentioning a problem, it means you're the problem yourselves." That was when something snapped within Berwald. This wasn't good.

"Execute them!" Mathias yelled.

All of a sudden, a whole bunch of Danish soldiers and people who volunteered to do this ran straight into a crowd of Swedish politicians and killed all of them. Berwald, who made it out unhurt, and Tino, who was bleeding on few parts of his body, ran to Mathias and stood right in front of him.

Mathias expression was a mixture of sad and proud. He was sad to do this, Berwald was his best friend after all and he just killed a lot of his people, but at the same time he was proud of doing this for his king, who was laughing histerically at the sight before him. Berwald looked at him, anger clearly showing on his usually stoic face. How could Mathias do this?

The very same question played in two other hands. Tino was hurt, not only physically, but his heart also ached. He always saw Mathias as the light of the day because his smile could rival with Sun's. He couldn't believe what just happened in front of his eyes. That very sunshine had it's bloody side as well. On the other hand Lukas was too shocked to control the emotions showing on his face. If Mathias hadn't warned him of this, Emil would have seen it all. Emil would have seen Mathias in a complete different light. He's already careful not to spill his beans in front of Mathias, if he had seen this... he would hate him for sure and it would most likely get him killed. For Lukas Emil's safety was the most important so he decided to use his magic to erase Emil's memory, in case he has heard or even seen a part of this, and put him to sleep.

Mathias, who was still standing there in front of Berwald, smiled at Berwald with a wicked and bloody smile.

"See Berwald, this is why you should learn to control your people so you should never make your best friend do the dirty work for you." Mathias said.

Berwald looked at him again, but this time more angrier then ever. He walked up to him, grabbed him by the collar and pulled him closer to himself... and stopped. He couldn't find the words. There were no words. He just stared at Mathias, trying to get his point across with his stare. It was working, but Mathias wasn't about to listen to Berwald just beacause of it.

Finally, Berwald let go and looked at Mathias again.

"We're no best fr'ends. Yer a monst'r." He said before storming away taking Finland with himself.