"my subconscious can go to hell"

Start from the beginning

"Oh, really? I had no clue. I thought it took an hour to get over to his party last night," I told Michael sarcastically. "Of course I do," I told him, sighing softly.

"Okay, that was a dumb question," Michael acknowledged. "Is your head okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine."

"Your head?" Sam asked, seeming concerned.

"Yeah, Luke hit her in the head with a box yesterday," Michael told Sam and she furrowed her eyebrows. "If I remember anything last night, it's what happened then. You want to know why? Because I made a really good pun but it wasn't appreciated."

"It wasn't that good of a pun," I told him as I shrugged my shoulders.

"It was a box full of beer, and I said that beer better taste fantastic because it already packs a punch," Michael told Sam and I watched as her expression relaxed before she let out a laugh. I knew the difference between Sam's genuine laugh and her fake laugh.

She had actually laughed at Michael.

"Hey, see," Michael's face lit up as he stared at Sam, "Sam liked it."

"That's funny," Sam said, shrugging as a blush crept onto her cheeks. "Well, uhm, we'd better get back to our Seinfeld marathon."

"By all means," Michael said, nodding. "It was nice seeing you guys. Order pizza whenever you please."

"Hey, we'll always ask for Michael," Sam said, which caused Michael to smile.

"Yeah... okay," he said, his smile continuing to grow. "Well, I'll see you guys around." Michael waved to us as he walked backward toward the driveway, and we both waved. Sam closed the door and once it was completely closed, she turned around and pressed her back against the door, a large sigh leaving her lips.

"I can't believe you gave him all my money, you—"

"Maya, shut up. I'll pay you back." I furrowed my eyebrows as I realized Sam seemed distressed, and I took a step toward her, grabbing the pizza from her hands.

"You should go to school for flirting, you'd get a degree in it without trying." She rolled her eyes and we walked to the kitchen together. "Where did all that come from?"

"I don't know! You of all people should know that I don't act like that, I have never acted like that. He totally liked it, which is gross. I lose, let's order sushi."

"Hey, wait," I said, laughing breathily as I turned around. I had sat the pizza down, so my hands were free. I placed my hands on Sam's shoulders and looked at her. "Calm down, okay? That went well."

"Yeah, sure." She crossed her arms and I sighed. "I don't like doing that."

"Sam, I wasn't expecting you to be like that at all. You're the one who made the decision."

"I'm scared because it was so simple for me," she admitted and I smiled in adoration, thinking she was cute. I turned back around and started walking toward the cabinets to get us plates.

"Maybe your subconscious likes him."

"My subconscious can go to hell," she told me, and I let out a cackle in response to her quick quip. "I do not like him."

"Okay, fine." I walked back over to her and handed her a plate after setting mine down on the counter. "What if you end up liking him?"

"Maya, just because you're confused and okay with falling in love with Calum Hood doesn't mean I'm going to give a relationship a chance."

"I am not going to fall in love with Calum, stop being like that."