Replacement

Sasuke stepped forward menacingly. "What do you mean 'replacement'?

Raiden looked at him, then turned to look sheepishly back at Kakashi. "You want to explain, or should I?"

Kakashi sighed, putting away his questions for later as he turned to his team, ready to break the news to them. "The Hokage has decided that it would be a good idea to form a kunoichi only squad. He is putting you, Sakura, along with Kiseki Kazza and a girl I don't know onto it. You will all be trained in medicine and other arts that are more suited to kunoichi than to us males."

Sakura looked like she was about to blow a fuse. "So the Hokage is taking me away from Sasuke-kun??? Oh hell no! I refuse!!!"

Kakashi rolled his eye, getting annoyed by the fan girl. "Unfortunately, you don't have a choice. The Hokage's orders are to either join the squad, or leave the Shinobi Corps. You're choice, Pinkie." Tears welled up in Sakura's eyes at the obvious disregard of her sensei for the past month or so. She began to cry, running from the training field, with Naruto hard on her heels, trying to comfort her.

Raiden flushed, embarrassed to have caused any strife in the team of genin.

~Hokage's office~

Sarutobi Hiruzen was looking through the translated files, particularly for anything related to the boy who had brought them to Konoha. He was going through Orochimaru's private scrolls, something that resembled a diary in his opinion, and had yet to find anything when suddenly the writing became much less careful, as if it had been written in a hurry.

"The experiment was a success!!! It may have cost the lives of everyone in that village, a waste of valuable experiment material, but it worked! The Dragon has been sealed into the boy, and he has stopped writhing in agony. Soon I will begin his training, and he will be the ultimate host, the only one capable of truly becoming immortal, and hopefully the Dragon's Gin Nome will manifest in the boy as well!!! All the sharingan's abilities, plus that of the byakugan, with only minor limitations to each! He is only four at the moment, but by the time he is fifteen, under my tutelage, he will be ready for the switch!!! And if that beautiful doujutsu does manifest, I will be unstoppable in his body!!!"

Sarutobi was utterly stunned. He didn't know what this dragon was that Orochimaru was referring to, but if it truly could imbue such a powerful doujutsu into a shinobi, he was very glad that Raiden had escaped. He was just about to begin searching for any research Orochimaru had done on this Dragon when the door burst open with so much force that the upper hinge snapped. Ibiki stood in the doorway, and, Sarutobi noticed with an even greater sense of shock, that Ibiki looked terrified.

"Hokage-sama!!! The cryptology team just finished decoding this...you'd better see for yourself." Ibiki didn't want to speak the contents of the scroll aloud. 

Sarutobi took the scroll, reading it quickly and with a sense of mounting horror. "The Chunin Exams must not be called off. Now that we have this information, we can prepare for this, but we must keep it an utmost secret."

S- Hey, everyone! Sorry for the long delay, but I'm back!! I was going through a tough time, and it caused more than a little writer's block, but I finally got this chapter to be halfway decent! XD Anyway, I'm working on the next chapter and I have some great ideas, and I'm hoping to have that published by the end of the day. Spoiler, I'll be introducing the main antagonist, but only briefly. To anyone who actually reads the stupid stuff I say, please read and review! Remember, reviews give me the power to crank out more chapters quicker!!