Chapter 25 - Prelude to the End

"Open up for the airplane!" Bulma cooed as she took a spoonful of carrot baby food and tried to place it in Trunks' mouth. But Trunks didn't open up the hanger, so to speak.

"Come on sweetie, the faster you finish your food, the faster we can watch the rest of the Cell Games!" Bulma tried to entice but he wouldn't budge his lips open. Bulma could overhear her father watching the Cell Games on his high-tech entertainment system in the den and she itched to watch it with him. These games were just as exciting as the World Martial Arts tournaments from the past, maybe even more so! Cell had demolished Mr. Satan and they were in the midst of watching his match with Goku, which was nail biter. But then Trunks started to get fussy and she knew it was time for his lunch.

"This is one of the few times I wish you were more like your father," Bulma grumbled as she wiped his mouth of baby food residue.

"Dearie, why don't you play some K-pop music for him? It worked like a charm the last time," Mrs. Briefs chimed from the kitchen counter. "He was so distracted, he didn't even notice how much he hated the taste."

"If I hear that one song one more time, I will barf, I swear!" Bulma assured.

"Well honey, maybe you should try feeding him that banana baby food. You know that's his favourite." Mrs. Briefs resolved. Bulma giggled thinking about how her own little monkey loved banana baby food, a trait most definitely passed on by Vegeta's ape heritage.

"He finished the last jar of banana baby food two nights ago, we don't have anymore," Bulma answered as she frowned at the full jar of carrot baby food.

"Well, that's what grandmothers are for!" Mrs. Briefs exclaimed, clapping her hands together. Bulma raised her eyebrows, as she didn't think her mom looked anything like a grandma. "Seeing how much our little Trunks loved banana baby food, I stocked up enough of that stuff to last us several months!"

"Great! Hand over some to me!" Bulma said with relief. Maybe she still had a chance to catch end of Goku's match, which looked like it would be the last one of the games.

"You can find cases of the baby food in the pantry next to the wine cellar," Mrs. Briefs answered sweetly.

"Mom, can't you get it for me, pretty please?" Bulma asked, batting her eyelashes profusely. The wine cellar was located on the far end of the Mansion's basement.

"Oh, come on dear! I'm not one of your boyfriends, that won't work on me! And I'm busy, can't you see I'm decorating this 3-tier cake for the Cell Games victory party we're throwing later?" Mrs. Briefs stated as she filled up a piping bag with royal icing.

"Fine! I'll get it!" Bulma replied with slight annoyance. "I'll be back before you know it, my little monkey!" Bulma said, playfully tapping the tip of his button nose and she left.

"Gah..." Trunks murmured as he waved his arms about in goodbye. Mrs. Briefs smiled at her adorable young grandson.

"Wait until you see the end result! It will be magnificent!" Mrs. Briefs promised, lifting her piping bag to the bottom tier. A glop of pastel blue icing squeezed out ungracefully.

"Oh my! That's not attractive at all, is it?!" Mrs. Briefs asked Trunks.

"Dut doot!" Trunks appeared to agree. Looking at her piping bag, Mrs. Briefs started to turn red.

"Silly me! I forgot to insert one of my special silver piping tips!" Mrs. Briefs claimed, smacking herself in head in embarrassment. "I think I might have left them in my jewellery box again! Trunks, you keep your eye on the cake and make sure grandpa doesn't eat any of it!" Mrs. Briefs instructed as she hurried to her room upstairs to retrieve her collection of piping tips. Trunks sat silently in his high chair, alone in the kitchen.