Chapter 13 - Of Love and Lust

Goku had a long search ahead of him. It was only going to be himself and Yamcha in search of Bulma, since Piccolo insisted that Gohan's training was not be disrupted after they had their lunch. Chichi sided with Piccolo as well, because she didn't want Gohan to miss out on anymore study time. He was outnumbered, so he would try his hardest to find Bulma as fast as possible.

Goku didn't know where to start looking so he used Capsule Corp. as his starting point. He could feel Vegeta's familiar ki and noted that the fellow saiyan was getting stronger, it wouldn't be too long before he reached super saiyan status. He thought about asking Vegeta if he had any idea of Bulma's where-a-bouts but then thought against it. Goku recognized that Vegeta had reach such high power levels due to dedicated training, so it was unlikely that Vegeta had allowed Bulma's absence to affect him in any way.

Off a hunch, Goku headed north of Capsule Corp towards the woods. There was a familiar energy radiating from there and he felt that it could be connected to Bulma. Yamcha had already headed west of Capsule Corp. and agreed to cover the east end if he couldn't find her, and Goku would search the south if the north didn't turn up any leads, thus their bases were covered.

The sky was darkening as he soared above the woods moving toward the familiar energy source. It wasn't too long before Goku saw a Capsule house at the base of a tall red pine tree in his sights. He pried the door open and was hit with déjà vu. The Capsule house was identical to the one he and Bulma had shared as kids.

And there she was, sprawled out on the twin bed, the covers slipped onto the floor, pink night dress exposing her long smooth legs as well her milky pale shoulder as the sleeves slid off. Goku's mouth went dry at seeing Bulma in this position. Why was she here?

"Bulma, are you awake?" Goku asked, kneeling by her bedside.

Bulma awoke at hearing Goku's concerned voice. She lifted herself on her elbow, while she rubbed her eyes with her other hand. Was she imagining things or was Goku really in front of her?

"Goku? Is that really you or am I dreaming again?" Bulma asked the figure by her bedside.

"It's me Bulma. What are you doing here? Your parents are very worried about you!" Goku responded. Bulma blinked and then sat up since Goku was really in front of her.

"Oh Goku…I'm looking for the dragonballs." Bulma replied as she kept her eyes focused on her own lap as she nervously played with the hem of her night gown.

"The dragonballs? Why would you be looking for the dragonballs?" Goku asked. Bulma looked up and connected her gaze with his.

"For us. I'm going to wish to go back in time and tell you that I love you before you reunite with Chichi and marry her." Bulma admitted. Goku's jaw dropped when he realized how much Bulma felt for him.

"How many dragonballs have you found already?" Goku asked. Bulma smirked at knowing that she didn't have any in her possession as of yet.

"I haven't gotten any dragonballs yet. I was after my first one today, it's high up in the pine tree here. But the altitude made me so sick, that I had to come back to the Capsule house to vomit. I was going to try again in the morning." Bulma answered.

"Bulma, it's not the altitude that's making you sick. It's your baby," Goku stated placing his hand on Bulma's still flat stomach, finding the source of the familiar energy that led him here. "That's how I found you, I could feel your baby's ki."

"I'm pregnant?"Bulma gasped, placing her hand over Goku's. She thought about the other symptoms she may have had but ignored in the past month. She had blamed them on her nervousness over her secretive plans. She realized that Goku was telling the truth, she was pregnant with Vegeta's child.