Chapter 10 - Wishful Night

Bulma awoke in her own bed to the evening's moonlight. Vegeta must have tucked her away after their steamy little encounter from earlier that morning. Her thighs were slightly sore and she was experiencing some pain in her lower back as she pulled herself up.

Her morning had been fun but it didn't quite do the trick. She had used Vegeta as a means to forget and get over Goku but it was only a temporary fix that didn't last. Goku was still on her mind and in her heart. Even being in her own bed with the covers and the pillow cases inside out was a reminder about bad Goku had seeped into her thoughts and actions. Would she ever put these feelings behind her or was she doomed to pine over her best friend for the rest of her life?

She reached up for her satin milky blue robe that hung on her bed post and wrapped it over her half naked body as she slid out of her bed. She padded out to her balcony to take in the evening's cool air to clear her head. Out of all the rooms of Capsule Corp, Bulma's room had the best view of West City, but the pretty city lights couldn't distract Bulma from her heartache. She rested her elbows on the balcony ledge looking up into the night sky in the hopes that it would quash that yearning inside her but the twinkling stars and crooked crescent moon mocked her with their romantic scene. It only made her wish that Goku was next to her to share in the beauty, perhaps she should try using one of those stars to make her wish come true. Bulma straightened up immediately after her last thought.

"Wait a minute…" Bulma mused to herself. "I don't need stars to make a wish come true."

Bulma rushed to her personal lab feeling inspired. Bulma wasn't known for being tidy, so there was no surprise at how messy her office was when she opened the door, but it still didn't stop the curses from spilling out of Bulma's mouth. She scoured through her file cabinets and her main desk knowing that it was around here somewhere.

"Where could it be?" Bulma wondered, running her fingers through her hair worriedly. She then remembered where she kept her journal hidden as a young teenager. She crawled under her desk and wiggled open the floor plank. Underneath was a large Jimmy Choo shoe box that she pilfered from her mom's closet as a kid. There was a grey film of dust on the lid but Bulma didn't care that she may risk seizing up her sinuses as she tore the lid open. The shine off the home screen of her first invention winked up at her. It was her first Dragonball Radar. She grabbed it at once and held it close to her heart knowing that it would get her closer to her heart's desire.

It was about time she went on her own adventure and she found the first tool that would make her journey viable. She looked at her Dragonball Radar clasped in her palm, it was this very device that had led her to Goku in the first place. Perhaps, back then it was guiding her to the perfect boyfriend that she was longing for as a young girl but she was too young and immature to notice. Now she had come full circle, she going use the very same device that she had created so long ago to find her happiness in love and use it again for the same purpose.

She was going to find the dragon balls, she was going to summon Shenron, and she was going to make a wish that would change her and Goku's life forever. She was going to wish to go back in time and tell Goku that she was in love with him before he kept his childhood promise to Chichi. Bulma wanted to live her life with no regrets and if she didn't chase down this opportunity now, she would always be under Goku's spell.

The Goku from her dreams was right, no matter how many men crossed her path, he would be her one true love and how could anyone else hold a candle to him? She was determined to live the rest of her life by his side because she felt that is where she was meant to be. She had to get prepared for her hunt of the dragonballs and unearthing her first dragonball Radar was only the first step.