Chapter 7 - Nightmare's Realization

Bulma almost fell out of her chair from the nightmare she just had. Her dream had been so life like that she cried slightly when she awoke and found that she was still alive and safe inside her home.

Did eating a boat load of sushi give you nightmares? Bulma wondered as she wiped her eyes with the back of her wrists. She lifted herself up by holding onto the desk while attempting to quell her fear to the pit of her belly. She then smiled and let out a glad cry.

"It was just a messed up dream! Just a dream!" Bulma allowed herself a little dance. She took a quick glance at her watch which told her it was late morning of the next day.

That meant that she had stayed by Vegeta's side for the entire night. Perhaps the being in such close proximity to Vegeta had this effect on her subconscious. To distract herself further from her disturbing dream she turned to Vegeta's bedside. It was empty, as well as unmade she observed with a wry expression.

"Oh no, I hope he didn't go straight back to the Gravity Room," Bulma said, biting her nails. She exited his room and went to his balcony which conveniently had a view of the Gravity Chamber.

Predictably, there was Vegeta working out inside the chamber.

"He certainly doesn't waste any time, now does he?" Bulma commented to herself. She knew that Vegeta still needed at least another day of rest and she mentally kicked herself for not being up when he finally awoke. He was her responsibility for the time being.

She hurriedly made his bed and gathered her belongings before she rushed down to the Gravity Chamber. Her father would not like how things were turning out.

"Vegeta! Are you insane or something?! You can't be training like that already! You need to go back to bed!" Bulma hollered into the PA system and her voice resonated within the walls of the Chamber. She started punching in codes into the control panel of the Gravity Chamber to disable its ability to control the weight of gravity. Within seconds the Gravity Chamber stopped humming and it was rendered useless.

The entrance of the Chamber pulled opened. Vegeta stalked out with an apathetic expression on his face.

"Woman, do not give me orders," Vegeta said, with his voice dangerously low. "Turn the machine back on, at once."

Bulma was not the type of character that easily intimidated by threats, so she rolled her eyes. "I will turn this machine back on tomorrow, which is when you'll have had a good day of rest and recovery." She replied sweetly.

"I cannot waste another day of staying in bed! Now you will turn the machine back on, AT ONCE!" Vegeta exploded, finally raising his voice. "Because if you do not, I am perfectly well enough to destroy Capsule Corp!"

Bulma sucked in a gasp, believing that Vegeta would destroy her home.

"After all that we've done for you, you would destroy our home?" Bulma asked in surprise.

"You'll find out if you don't turn that blasted Gravity Chamber back on!" Vegeta bellowed. Without another word, Bulma punched in the coordinates to have the Chamber activated. The Gravity Chamber once again whirred with life.

Vegeta grinned evilly at his small victory over the noisy woman, as he started to stride back to the Chamber.

"At least promise me that you'll take breaks and eat often," Bulma said through clenched teeth, hating that she had to bend to his will. But his well-being and happiness was imperative to the survival of her planet and apparently to survival of Capsule Corp as well.

"While you were off snoring like a horse, your mother had prepared a fine feast for my breakfast," Vegeta said mockingly. Vegeta liked seeing the blue fire ignite in Bulma's eyes, as it unsurprisingly flared up after his snide comment. Also, he liked that he had the upper hand over her by merely threatening the destruction of her home, not that he ever would obliterate Capsule Corp. He had grown accustomed to the accommodations and even tolerated the company. He could almost get used to this lifestyle.

He laughed derisively at hearing a string of curses under Bulma's breath as he disappeared behind the door of the Chamber.

What a jerk! Bulma thought to herself. How did she ever manage to spend her evening last night admiring that conceited jackass's physique? The Vegeta in her dream stated that she was attracted to him physically, but that was all. When it came down to it, there would never be anything more. Was it no wonder why she had chosen Goku in her nightmare before the faceless Android killed her.

And then it dawned on her, she had chosen Goku. She had spent her last breath to say that she had chosen him but had died before his name could pass her lips. She had to see him and tell him that she had chosen him. That she…loved him. That he was her first love.

She rushed to the kitchen and rifled through the refrigerator and cupboards. She picked out all of Goku's favorite foods and desserts and started packing them up in an attractive manner that would make her mother proud.

Bulma was going to see Goku and she was going to tell him everything.