Chapter 17 - Redo x Cooking?

So I've just heard that my sister was reading this book so I felt very uncomfortable and was unable to continue writing until now. I'm sorry for not updating much lately. I know that some of you might want more chapters of this. Thank you for your patience. I'll proceed to the chapter.

~

Serrah's POV

We three arrived at the gate to see most applicants standing by or resting or catching their breath. I tried my best to find if Gon or the others were there but no avail.

"Where did Gon go?" Killua asked me particularly because he knew Raziel wouldn't answer his question. He would normally give a shrug. "Did he say where he went?"

I shooked my head as a no. "No, but I watched him went over #44 to save Leorio and Kurapika."

"Ah, Scarlet," I heard a familiar voice. I turn to its source to see Kurapika approaching us. "You made alive. Thank goodness." A small smile formed on my lips secretly. It's good to know that he is alive or else I would not know what I'll do.

His eyes rudely looked over to Raziel who scoffed at the way he looked at him and turned his head somewhere else. I did not expect them to not get along. Everybody gets along with Raziel. Nobody has ever had a fight with him, except Hisoka.

"And you.." There was brief pause for an awkward atmosphere since Raziel did not bother turning to Kurapika's way. "You're fine, I suppose." Raziel clicked his tounge at his statement before walking away for pratically to restrain himself from the anger he has put through.

"Is he always like that?" Killua asked as he pointed a finger towards Raziel.

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "Normally, he would badassly mess with the person by saying 'So what?' Or 'Do you really think I care?' But this is awfully new."

"I recommend we stay away from him for a while." Kurapika noted yet I rejected, uttering that there is no way I am abandoning Raziel. "I am not saying that we must forsake him. I am just suggesting that it would be efficient if we stay away from his anger."

I heave out an inaudible sigh before nodding in sense of approval.

"Ne, Scarlet-chan!" An oh-so-familiar voice called. I turn to that direction and smiled at the sight of that little kid running towards me. He waved at me first before saying, "You're somewhat close to Hisoka, right?"

How did he know? My eyes grown wide but afterwards, they softened. I gave off a slight nod as a yes. "How did you know?"

He placed a finger on his chin and stared at the sky, thinking. "Ano.. When we entered that tunnel, this guy named Tonpa introduced the former applicants of last year's Hunter Exam. Once he introduced Hisoka, I saw you heading towards his direction. You even exchanged furtive glances with him."

Smart kid. I like him. Very observant. I suppose I'm caught?

A smile went on my lips in amazement of this child. "We're not that close. I kind of count him as my enemy because he is a pedophile and made Raziel draw his sword. That may mean he is dangerous enough."

I paused at realization for I have noticed something. "Where is Leorio?"

"Oh, he's with Hisoka." Gon pointed over his shoulder to reveal Hisoka laying an unconscious Leorio against a tree nearby.

A bitter expression etched across my face as I have seen another victim of Hisoka's mischief. "He did not kill him, did he?"

"No. Just severely injured." Was Gon's nonchalant reply.

"Excellent, Everyone." The sound of Satotz's voice attracted our attention. We turned our heads towards where the gate was at. "Phase Two of the exam will occur here, in the Biska Forest Park. So, I shall take my leave. Best of luck to all of you."