Chapter 8 - Master x Resist

Serrah's POV

I huffed and marched away from the demon. "I don't need a demon slave. I can take care of myself. Just leave me alone."

"Hey. Don't." I heard his voice from behind. It sounded as if he was tired and had a long time before he talked that his voice sounded raspy. "There's a distance limit. You leave me and you'll get pulled back to me."

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes at his foolish starement in disbelief.

I heard him heave out a deep sigh and felt him roll his eyes. "Three.. Two.. One.." He mumbled and I got pulled back to him by a mysterious force like he said so.

I recovered in a jippy and without even his help. "Okay. My turn to ask a question: who are you?"

I stared at him for a moment, thinking if I should trust him enough to let him know my true identity. Eh, he's stuck with me after all and I can order him to shut his trap. "Serrah Carstel. #2 of the Phantom Troupe."

"Phantom Troupe.. Wait, I think I heard it somewhere in Hell before.." He raised a brow in a questionable matter. "Genei..Ryodan, was it? Prove it."

I tugged my sleeve down to reveal my tattoo on my wrist. "There? Are you convinced?"

He shrugged his shoulders and went over to me. "Let's just get one thing straight. I know Nen. I am an On user. That's all you need to know about my Nen."

I paused and examined him thoroughly. "An On user? Is that even possible for a demon?" He raised the visor of his cap and pulled the strand of his hair that covered his left eye to reveal it to be permanently an On user's.

"Where are you from anyway?" I asked him.

"Hell. I was exiled and forbidden to ever come there because of a sin. I killed hundreds of people without warning or a purpose. It's a minor thing. When I get angry, I lose control and destroy everything around me."

"How old are you exactly?"

He let out a small and low chuckle as he passed ahead of me. "If I told you, then you wouldn't believe me. And besides, it's unnecessary."

~Time skip~

"A demon?" Chrollo blinked as he stared down at Raziel.

I rubbed my nape and explained the whole thing. "So basically, he's my new slave now. I know it's hard to believe but I've seen him do some crazy stuff in front of my eyes."

"If this demon is strong then perhaps he can be a great use for the Troupe." Machi remarked who sat down on a seat with her arms crossed.

"This is a demon?" Nobunaga came, curiously poking a finger over Raziel and checking him out. "But..he looks calm and silent. Is he the type that doesn't talk 'till something catches his attention?"

I shrugged my shoulders reluctantly. I know nothing about him. Plus, Raziel seems untrustworthy but since he's going to stay with me from now on, I guess it's fine if I get to know him more.

I felt a soft yet cold hand lay on my shoulder which sent a shiver down my spine. I turned to see Feitan. He stared at my in the eyes with a dull yet calm look.

"So this is what happens when I leave you alone.. You get contracted to a hellish demon?" I just gave off an awkward smile which he clicked his tounge at.

"He doesn't look hellish to me." Noted Omokage who sat on the staircases. He lifted his bangs up to examine Raziel better, "He looks interesting. Does he know Nen?"