Chapter 16 - End Of x The Tunnel

Third Person's POV

"Goal!!" Both children - Gon and Killua exclaimed as they passed through the gate and between Satotz. He watched them pass him rather in an amused way. "I win!" Gon raised his hand up and down.

"No, I win!" Killua protested. They paused for a moment and their eyes looked over to Satotz who stood there watching their arguement.

"Hey, uhh, Satotz? Who won?" Killua reluctantly asked.

Satotz spun around to say, "I believe you two arrived simultaneously while she has passed you both first."

They blinked before exchanging puzzled looks. "She?"

"Me." A voice wafted above the air. They turned to its source to see Serrah putting her hood above her head in an instant before they could see her face.

Both groaned at their loss and admitted that they lost to a woman like Serrah. "Hey! Wait up!" Leorio arrived just then with Kurapika following after. "Huh? Who won?" Leorio queried to the three and just stood there.

"She did." Both kids replied in unison as they pointed at Serrah who waved at them briefly.

A soft expression etched across Kurapika's face as he hitched his breah. "As expected for Scarlet. She is one of the fastest people I am aware of." Meanwhile with Leorio's side, it did not go so well. He claimed that it was unfair that he lost to a female. Babbling on and on, Serrah ignored him and noticed something.

"Where's Raziel?"

"Looks like he's the last." A smirk appeared on Killua's lips as he added, "He'll be buying us dinner then, huh?"

"Oh don't be like that." Serrah huffed before Raziel arrived just in time, unscathed and not exhausted, despite of being the last one to get there out of the six of them.

"Looks like you're buying us dinner!" Leorio laughed.

Raziel raised an eyebrow as his face looked flat and dull. "Lunch? Dinner?" It seems that those two words had just reminded him of Nobunaga's offer of buying him lunch struck into his mind, judging by the look in his eyes. "Why do you mortals appreciate them? What are those again?"

"Raziel, what took you so long?" A worried tone imparted in Serrah's words.

The eyes of the known demon glanced over to Serrah then to Leorio while he rudely replies, "Ojii-san here was yelling at me for 'cheating' as I used immense speed. So I lowered my pace and let him and the Kurta travel ahead of me.."

"Would you quit with the nicknames?! I am not an old man!!" Leorio starts to yell at Raziel for having no respect for an older person such as him which Raziel exasperatedly clicked his tounge at. "And treat me more with respect, kid! I'm older than you! You're like..sixteen and I'm nineteen so get a grip and start worshiping me!"

Serrah let out a small giggle at Leorio's behavior. He does not know what Raziel is capable of or what he potentially is.

Unfortunately, because of this heard giggle, Leorio diverted his attention to Serrah with an annoyed face. "What are you laughing at?!" This grumpy old-looking man sure brings an entertainment to them.

Refraining her laughter to speak, Serrah replied by saying, "My apologies.. It's just that..Raziel is not a human. He's a demon, and his age is..918." She let a bit of sense of humor take over her.

Their eyes could pop out of their sockets as they contracted as wide as saucers. "You gotta be kidding me." Killua said with also a shock look.

"Him? A demon?" Leorio pointed at Raziel who raised an eyebrow. "Seriously? But he looks so peaceful."