Chapter 14 - Waiting x Friends?

Serrah's POV

Time passed as still, no examiner has shown up. I let out a silent groan and pulled my legs to my chest as I sat on the corner. I raised my head and sideglanced at the direction behind me to see Raziel folding his arms over his chest and leaning his back against the other side of the wall behind me.

His eyes shut and head casted downwards slightly. The calm and fixed expression on his face sure points out that he is highly patient, unlike me.

He lets out a sigh and muttered, "What are you looking at?" The tone of his voice came out harsh but somehow had a polite and calm tone since practically he doesn't want to disrespect me.

He literally does not admire to make eyecontact or open his eyes. "Nothing." I turned my head back to the front and gazed at the old and dirty ceiling. "How many hours has it passed?"

I felt him open his eyes ajarly to tug down his sleeve and glance at the watch around his wrist. "Two hours."

I once more let out a silent groan before sitting up from my position in a bored way. "I shall take a stroll. Do not follow me." I underlined the "not" as a threat but I know that Raziel is afraid of nothing.

I venture forth and possibly ignoring the eyes that are on me. I clicked my tounge in irritation of the attention before clasping my hands behind my back. I had enough of them staring at me so I gave them all death glares. Some avoided me by looking away and some tried to return a glare but end up showing fear.

There was one who didn't fear nor avoided me. A little kid who just smiled back and started to approach me. A young boy with long spiky black green tipped hair and large, hazel brown eyes. His outfit is composed of a green jacket with reddish edges covering a white tank top underneath, green shorts, and green laced boots.

His two companions tried to call him over and stop him but no avail. This boy was completely stubborn but..interesting. "Konnichiwa, Ojou-san! Watashi wa Gon!" He waved at me once he was right in front of me.

An innocent wide smile was seen on his lips as his eyes contained pure innocence and happiness. How can one boy be this innocent? This world is a cruel and dark world. Does that mean he has not experienced anything bad..or does atrocities just not bothers him?

Millions of questions flooded inside my mind. "H-Hey? Ojou-san, are you alright?" The same voice snapped me out of my trance. He was waving at me with his hand and seemed worried.

That is odd. Why would he worry about me even though we just met? Perhaps he thinks I am crazy and that is why he wondering of why I just stare?

I am a doll with false emotions. My voice, tone, face and body expressions resemble a ton of flatness, death and apatheticness.

I cleared my throat as a sign to speak up. A quiet mutter that is barely heard escape my lips. "I'm Scarlet Hallowell. A pleasure to meet you, Gon." I remember the random nickname Phinks gave me. Scarlet.. I like that name. Hallowell is a name from one of the authors in the books I read.

Two of his friends came by and possibly heard our whole conversation. "Nice to meet ya, Hallowell!" A tall man with small brown eyes, black hair, and a spiked crew cut had exclaimed with his arm held out. He typically wears a dark blue business suit, black shoes, and a pair of teashade sunglasses.

I blankly stared at his hand for a moment which may have brought him the awkward atmosphere I harbored deep within me because he slowly got his hand back. More like forcibly.

The other stared at me for a while and chirped his voice in. "Scarlet..Hallowell. Sounds foreign." His words reminded me of the words Feitan had said when he first heard of my name. Hm, I'm already missing him.