And the Walls Come Down

Start from the beginning

Initially, Dean had tried doing some research too. If he could find something helpful, maybe he'd be able to forgive himself. Dean even had found a pen and a stray piece of paper to jot notes down onto, but so far, the page was still blank. Eventually, Dean had gotten tired of the research and instead found a website where he could watch Doctor Sexy M.D. for free.

He had decided to start from the very first episode and had already made it to episode five. Dean was so focused on using the show as a distraction that he didn't notice when Gabriel and Sam came to find him. It wasn't until Sam cleared his through that Dean was even aware of their arrival. At the noise, Dean pressed paused on his show and looked up at the others.

"Hey," Dean said, trying to appear like he had been doing something productive instead of watching TV.

"How are you doing Dean?" Sam asked without preamble. His eyes dropped down to Dean's round stomach for just a second as he spoke.

Dean wanted to roll his eyes at the stupid question. It was the exact Sam question he had been hearing every thirty minutes for the last five hours. Dean was getting sick of it.

"I'm okay," Dean mumbled, picking at a stray piece of string on the sleeve of his shirt. "Pretty much the same as I've been all day." He made sure to let the others hear the note of irritation in his tone. Maybe they would finally stop asking the same fucking question.

Sam pursed his lips a little at the bitterness he heard in Dean's voice, but asked, "Do you need anything?"

"Nope, I don't need anything Sammy," Dean sighed. It was another stupid question that Dean was sick of answering. Of course, there were things that Dean wanted, but it was nothing that was physically possible at the moment. Dean wanted to be back in the right body. He wanted to go back and change the mistakes he made. Dean wanted things to be better between him and Cas again. He wanted to go on a hunt and beat the shit out of some monsters. There was no point in say any of that out loud though.

Sam nodded slowly, unsure of what else to say. His brother could see that his patience was running a bit short today.

Dean was ready to turn back to his show, thinking that they had only come to give their routine 'Dean checkup.' However, when Dean realized that the others weren't leaving, Dean asked, "Did you guys need something?"

"Well, we do have some positive news to share," Gabriel said, smiling a little and stepping closer.

Dean's brows raised and he asked, "Did you find a better way to get this baby out of me without killing me?"

Gabriel shook his head and said, "We're still looking for something, but we talked to the witch girls."

Dean tried not to look disappointed. He needed to stop getting his hopes up about better alternatives. There was little hope of finding a better way, and Dean knew it. "Alright then, what did the witch bitches have to say?" Dean asked.

"Well, they said that they would help us when it comes time for the baby to be born," Gabriel began, "I have one of them working on a little recipe that is supposed to help with the pain. It's some a herbal concoction that you place under your tongue. As it dissolves, it separates you from your body a bit and takes away some of the pain. It doesn't make all the pain go away, but it will help dull the senses."

"Kind of like an out of body experience?" Dean asked doubtfully. "Are you sure it's safe?"

Gabriel nods, "Yep, it is one hundred percent safe. It's an ancient recipe, been around for centuries, but not many people remember it anymore. It's something that gets passed down from family to family. People use to walk for miles just to buy this stuff from witches. It almost makes you feel like you're high, which is why it was so popular."