16

I was currently on the phone to Erik telling him about the meet on Wedneday.

"No way! You lucky person."

"I know I am.." I sassily hair flipped, eventhough he couldn't see me, and sat on the couch. "You've gotta come with us Erik.."

I heard him sigh and then a load of shuffling. "I wish I could.. But me and Pete are still in Amsterdam for another week.."

"Alright for some init? I'm here stuck in dreary Manchester and you lot are gallivanting on your hols.."

I could feel him roll his eyes at me.

"It can't just be me and Moll. Rik.."

"You know I wish I could.. but I have to stick to my contract or I don't get paid anything.." I sighed. "I know.."

"Anyway I better go before I get a grilling off Xander.."

"You don't want that.." I slightly laughed. "I really don't.. See ya later Ghoul.."

"Later Jet.."  I put my phone down and turned on the TV.

What crappy shows are on today?

The first thing thar appeared was Loose Women.. Give me a break.

I put it on ITV2 and no surprises it was Jeremy Kyle. I put that on, to see what kind of messed up stuff was happening today.

I slept with my dad. Now I think I'm pregnant with his child.

"Well then.." I whispered to myself and quickly turned it over to a channel which always has something good on.

True enough it did.

As I was getting engrossed in How I Met Your Mother, I got a message.

Chicken Noodle: Hey Z, was wondering if you were still looking for a job.

Doodle: Hey Tommy, yeah still looking for one.

Chicken Noodle: 2 people quit so we're low on staff at work and was wondering if you fancied it.

Doodle: Yeah go on then.. do i need to bring anything?

Chicken Noodle: Nope. Just yourself.

Doodle: Alright see you soon.

Chicken Noodle: See you soon.

I got up from the couch and went to get ready.
*
I finally got to HMV and looked round for Tom. "Zara!" I turned round to the sound of my name and saw Tom over in the poster section.

I went over, he got up and told me to follow him. We got to one of the back room's and he knocked on a door.

"Come in.." a voice said from the other side. Tom opened the door and I was met by Rob who was the store manager.

"Zara I'm glad you could come.. I'm just gonna get straight to the point. Usually I'd interview potential employees or they apply online, but considering our problem of trying to get new staff.. I'm willing to offer you a job straight away.. It'll only be part time for the moment? and I think you're good enough it'll be full time. Does that sound alright?"

"Yeah.. That sounds great.."

"Brilliant.. Well I'll leave Tom to show you the ropes.." he smiled and I just nodded. "Come on then.. let's get started.."

Tom left and I went after him. "I'll just get you a uniform to change into and then we can start.."

He headed into the staff room and he gestured for me to come in. There were one or two people in there probably on their break.

They all briefly looked at me, probably wondering what I was doing here.

I just stood there awkwardly till Tom came back with some work clothes.

"These are Jackie's old ones, she's not here anymore so I'm sure they'll be fine." I took them off him and had a look at the size. "Yeah.. they should be alright."

"Alright well.. the changing area is over there, so you put these on and I'll just be out front.." he gestured behind him. "Okay?"

I just nodded and slightly smiled.

"What?" He asked starting to smile himself. "Just you being all you know.."

"Well.. It is my job.. anyway.. get these on quickly.. as of now I own your ass.." he said, acting authoritatively.

"Yes sir.." I mocked. "Don't push it Fowler.." he pointed at me. I couldn't help but smile, not being able to take him seriously.

He soon left and I finally got round to getting changed and made my way out to the shop floor.

"So.. where do I start?"

"Well you can start out sorting posters. You need to make sure the right numbers are in the right place and you need to make sure there's an equal amount in each slot.. not too difficult.."

"Okay.." I got started on that and Tom went over to the till, to serve some customers.
*