Chapter 24

***Simone's POV ***

I stumbled out of biology class with the rest of the students but my mind wasn't totally there. I tried to think of a possible explanation as to why the note is missing from my book. '
Maybe it feel out' I thought to myself.

Breathe Simone. There's no need to be paranoid.

I tried to council myself.

I needed to splash my face with some water so I went into the nearest bathroom. I didn't even realize it was the male bathroom. I stared at my reflection in the mirror.
Wide, wild eyes stared back at me. I had my hair caught up in a bun the way Samantha always does hers. She told me it made her look more sophisticated.

A single tear rolled down my cheek. I was always the stronger twin so why can't I be strong now. I need to get it together. I inhaled deeply.

"Are you crying Simone?"

I spun around quickly, hitting my back against the sink.

"What are you doing in here Ramon?" I quickly wiped my tears and folded my hand across my chest.

"Well, Miss Bathroom Security, I'm here to relieve my bladder. May I?" He asked clutching the front of his trousers.

I giggled. Why does he have to be so comedic.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever Ramon." I started to leave.

"Can you please wait on me outside? I have something to show you."

I closed the door and stood outside and of course Davia was passing. "You finally found out what your gender is? Congrats Simon." She flipped her hair and continued walking down the hall. I hate the feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when I'm around her.

"Ready to go?" Ramon asked with a wide grin.

"Yea. Ok".

We walked into the direction of the cafeteria. I guess I'm having lunch with Mr. Popular today. I have no idea why I am feeling excited.

"Huh, why are we going outside?"

"Because you're surprise is outside." He said mischievously.

I followed him outside.

"My car is over here." He said, gesturing to the east section of the parking lot.

I stopped. "No way. I've never skipped school before."

He laughed. "You can't be serious."

I nodded.

"Well I guess today is your lucky day. " He smiled as I took a seat in the front beside him.

He started the car.

"Wait. Ramon. I'm sorry. I really can't miss classes today." I told.

"Well that's too bad. You can't go back either."

I rolled my eyes. "And why is that?"

"Well... " Ramon said putting the car into drive. "I already told all your teachers that you can't make it to class because you had some terrible cramps and you wanted to go home." He smiled, feeling proud of himself.

Wow. He really planned this through. Could he be the one who planned Samantha's death? I shuddered at the thought.

"So are you enjoying your day so far?" He asked politely.

"I guess so." I replied nonchalantly.

We were driving for more than half an hour now and I was getting restless.