Chapter 8

~ Ada's POV ~

I carefully pencilled on Suzanne's eyeliner as she sat quietly smiling to herself. She seemed so happy with Bruce and I was happy that she was happy.

She was broken when I met her, like a smashed vase. Now it seems like Bruce can be the super glue to piece her back together. I just hope he doesn't hurt her because I don't think I can go through her trying to take her own life again. After all when my parents adopted her after her aunts death she became my sister, we became twins.

"There beaut," I smiled lowering the eyeliner pencil to admire my make up work. "Done just how you like it so now all that's left is to get you into your dress and off to the registry office,"

"Okey dokey," she nodded "You look lovely by the way," she added as she got up to take her dress from its garment bag.

"You think?" I replied modestly looking down at my knee length tight red dress and red heels.

"Yep," she said popping the 'p' but I honestly don't think my question had registered in her head.

"Careful not to break off any of those nails Suzie. You know I'm not the best beautician in the world," I joked as she finally pulled the dress from its bag and looked down at her back manicured false nails.

She stood there tapping her chin holding the hanger in her other hand. I knew she didn't want to get changed in front of me because she didn't want me to see her scars.

"You go into the other room and pull the dress on and when you come out I will zip it up and then we can go," I suggested.

"Okay but what about my hair?" She twiddled with a curled lock of her golden hair.

"It's done," She simply nodded then walked off into the bathroom.

About 10 minutes later she emerged wearing the dress looking slightly nervous.

"Here put these on and I'll fasten you up at the back," I handed her the heels and quickly zipped her up.

"Done," she sighed.

"The car is waiting outside your highness," I joked as I led Suzanne out of my flat with looped arms.

We sat in the car quietly each holding a handbag and a bouquet of black roses.

"Not long now sweetie," I reassured Suzanne as the limo drew to a holt.

"Can you give me away?" Suzanne asked out of the blue. Her words were quick and barely understandable.

"Sure..." I frowned squeezing her hand as the chauffeur opened the door. "Go on chic," I said practically pushing my sister from the car.

"I am scared," she whispered as we walked into the registry office, a stray tear falling down her cheek.

"Don't cry you'll ruin your make-up," I replied trying to lift her mood.

"Your right, I am just being a pussy. Of course I want to marry Bruce," she wiped away any tears and straightened her back "Come on lets go,"

~ Suzanne's POV ~

I turned to Ada as she looped arms with me "You can do this sweetie," She said in her low husky voice. She was the best friend/ sister I could have ever of asked for and I don't know what I would have done without her by my side.

We made our way through the big oak doors of the registry office and down the aisle arm in arm. The butterflies in my stomach were the size of house bricks making it hard for me to breath.

"I love him. I can do this," I whispered to myself causing Ada to squeeze my arm slightly to show she supported me.

I lifted my eyes up from the ground to see Bruce and Alfred standing at the end of the aisle smiling at me both dressed smartly in their suits.

On reaching the end Ada unlocked her arm from mine and whispered "good luck," in my ear before turning to Bruce "Take good care of her,"

"We are gathered here today to see the coming together of Suzanne Rosamund Windsor and Bruce Wayne," Smiled the registrar in her sweet voice. "Is there anyone here that has just cause or impediment for which this couple can't be joined together in holy matrimony?" She asked and thank god nobody came bursting through the doors.

I read out my vows expressing how much I loved Bruce with my whole body and mine. He then did the same but saying that he would always be there for me.

Ada did the reading and she read out my favourite poem Ariel by Sylvia Plath. It is a lovely poem about rebirth.

Then came the came the important part "Do you Suzanne take Bruce to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold from this day forth?"

"I do," I blushed as Bruce rubbed the back of my hand with his thump.

"And do you Bruce take Suzanne to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forth?"

"I do," Bruce chirped happily causing a weight to be lifted from my shoulders. At least I wasn't going to be ditched at the alter.

"Now the exchanging of rings," announced the registrar and Albert ran over the handed Bruce the rings.

"Suzanne you first," I nodded and took Bruce's ring.

"I Suzanne give you this ring as a token of my love for you," I said confidently as I slipped the ring onto Bruce's left hand ring finger.

"I Bruce give you this ring as a token of my love for you," Smirked Bruce as he slid the ring onto my finger. Why can he never keep a straight face?

"I now pronounce you man and wife," informed the registrar "You may now kiss the bride," Ada squeaked as Bruce and I pressed our lips together at the words of the registrar.

We followed the registrar and we all filled in the book and we were handed our wedding certificate.

"Come on Mrs Wayne your ride awaits," Whispered Wayne into my ear as he led me outside to a horse drawn carriage.

"Wow," I squeaked covering my mouth with my hands. Bruce put an arm around my back and lifted me up into the carriage.

"It's Bruce Wayne!" Screamed reporters with cameras.

"Leave it mate I am trying to take my wife home," he pronounced proudly lifting my hand for the reporter to snap a photo and he then kissed me softly on the lips causing more photos to be taken.

"Your such a teaser," I joked resting my head on my husbands shoulder as we rode back to our home.

"That's why you love me," he pouted leaning his forehead to mine. "Now let's get you inside," he lifted me out of the ride and carried me over the threshold.

"Let's go upstairs to see how the mattress feels now that we are married," I sniggered and Bruce carried me all the way up to our room.