Chapter 1

I flicked my blonde hair back over my shoulder out of my face as I sprinted down the ill lit alleyway. My brown eyes eagerly searching for light at the end of the tunnel but they weren't lucky. My heels clicking on the hard ground giving my destination away.

As I reached the dead end I felt my hope disappear and my legs go weak causing me to hit the floor in a heap.

"Such an idiot!" I screamed out but as I went to get back up I felt the cold end of a gun pointing my neck.

"What is your name girly?" The man sniggered as he moved the top of my little black dress down to reveal my cleavage and my lace bra with his gun. I remained shaking on the floor while he licked his chapped lips. "Go on name!" He pressed the gun into my left breast.

"Suzanne," I muttered

"Now be a good girl Sue and give me your purse and jewellery," His desperate voice ordered but I ignored it.

"Piss off," I yelled as a boot connected with my rips cracking a few.

"Do as your told little lady!" The man called again as he crouched down beside me running his hand up my fish net tight on my right thigh. His alcohol smelling breath bore into my face. "You give me your items or I take your dignity," his hand traveling further up my leg.

"And I said no!" I spat in the mans face pushing myself up on my fists. I was above the man and I kicked the man back in the face.

As I went to turn and walk away he grabbed my ankle pulling me down onto my face.

"Not so strong now are you bitch?" The man pulled out a knife and slashed across my bicep causing blood to pour down my arm. "I could do with someone as feisty as you in the bed room," the mugger laughed lowering his face onto my bloodied one.

"Get bent," I grabbed him by his neck and smashed his face into the wall. I got up to run again while he grabbed my ankle once more. "Your like a cockroach you will never leave me be,"

"Need a hand?" a husky voice asked. I whipped around to see Gotham's hero Batman.

Before I could reply Batman picked the man up above his head and threw him at the far wall.

"Thanks," I blushed as I turned to walk away but I felt myself get light headed from the blood loss. My legs went under me but I didn't hit the ground because he caught me.

"I don't think your walking anywhere pretty lady,"

"So tired," I sighed deeply.

"Don't sleep, I need you awake and alert," he soothed as he carried me bridal style to his car. "You can't go to sleep I don't even know your name," from his voice he sounded quite sad.

"Suzanne," I muttered as a loud splash of water filled my ears and the car lowered itself onto a pad.

He came around to my side of the vehicle and he picked me up and carried me inside a brightly lit building.

"Alfred," he called but his voice changed. It sounded different not as husky and mysterious as it did when we were outside.

"Yes Master Wayne," an old man came running over to us, me still being in 'Batman's' arms. "Let's get her into a bedroom to clean her up," Alfred suggested and I was carried up into an extravagant bedroom.

"Alfred can you get me the first aid box please?" My saviour asked as I was lowered onto the bed.

"Right away sir,"

"I didn't quite catch your name earlier," Batman informed as he perched himself beside me on the King sized bed.

"I'm Suzanne Windsor," I chocked out.

"Here it is Master," Alfred ran in holding a first aid box and he ran back out.

"I know who you are," I managed to pipe up through the pain I was experienced through being cleaned and stitched up.

"Yeah, I'm the batman," he smiled.

"No, no your not," I began "You can take your mask off now Bruce Wayne," I said stroking his cheek.

He didn't say another word he just slipped his mask of to reveal his handsome face.

"Your stitched and cleaned Suzanne. I'm gonna go," but before he could get up I pulled him back down by his wrist.

"Don't leave," I could feel tears filling my eyes. Everyone I loved leaves me and I didn't want that to happen again. I didn't used to believe in love at first sight but I guess things changed. "Please Bruce," I begged.

"Okay Suzanne. I won't leave you,"

"Thank you," I smiled pulling the covers back offering him a space in bad next to me. Once he got into bed I snaked my arms around his waist putting my head on his chest "I like being called Suzie," I muttered into his warm chest.

"Suzie,"

"Thank you for saving me my hero," I yawned.

"Good night Suzie," he also yawned as he went to kiss my cheek but I moved my head so his lips met mine. I know it's a cliché but I immediately felt fireworks. Like we were meant to be together.

"Goodnight Batman," I said once the kiss broke and my eyes closed.

For the first time in my life I actually felt safe.