Chapter Twenty Six

Hermione opened her eyes and found herself in bed, once again. Her life seemed to continue on and she was glad that Draco was with her. Although a thought was nagging the back of her mind that she just had to ask Draco about. She knew he would be awake. He hardly went to sleep.

"Draco?" she whispered, watching the sun hit the floor.

"Mm?" muttered Draco, not surprised that Hermione was awake.

"I trust you completely but I... I need to know what bet Harry was talking about... You know, the bet you made in third year...?" asked Hermione, she already promised herself that whatever it was... She would take it.

"It's a stupid, stupid bet that we made when we were children. I don't want it to ruin our relationship..." muttered Draco and then sighed, "Blaise made a bet in third year about... It was... Five galleons for whoever could sleep with you first. I stopped them all from that bet so please don't let it ruin our relationship."

Hermione frowned but the news didn't changed anything. She remembered James telling her that Draco loved her in third year. She believed Draco when he said that he stopped the bet. It didn't affect her like it would have done a year ago.

"Okay, I trust you," said Hermione.

They lapsed into a silence which Hermione broke.

"Draco..." murmured Hermione, rolling over to his side, she cuddled into him, "I know you're worrying. Please, stop it."

"I'm not worrying," denied Draco and slowly sat up in bed, letting Hermione's hand's fall off of him.

Draco stood up and ruffled his hair. Hermione watched him from under the covers and knew what he was waiting for. The newspaper. These past few days, after they had left the burrow, Draco had been restless and scanned the newspaper every morning. It really annoyed Hermione when he threw it in the bin but she said nothing.

Draco opened the window, sunlight hitting the carpet, and Hermione saw an owl fly in. Draco untangled the newspaper and the owl flew out again. He opened the newspaper and scanned the front page. Hermione's eyes never left his.

"Anything interesting?" asked Hermione.

But they both knew what she meant. The words hung in the air and formed a new question. Is Lucius Malfoy is Azkaban? Silently, quietly and slowly Draco looked up and nodded, going pale. Hermione scrambled out of bed and caught the newspaper from his hands.

It stated that some death eaters had been caught. Lucius, Coal and Amadeus were part of them. They were being sent to Azkaban without trial for their deeds but it didn't say anything about Hermione. She was glad her name wasn't in the paper though. She looked up to see Draco looking down at her thoughtfully.

"What?" she whispered.

Draco grabbed the newspaper and threw it away before taking her in his arms. Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck as his arms went around her waist.

"You love me, right?" asked Draco.

"More than anything..." whispered Hermione, pecking his lips.

"Well, Hermione, I love you too."

Draco smiled and pulled away from her. He went to the drawer and pulled something out and hid it behind his back.

"What are you-"

Hermione stopped in mid sentence as Draco got down on one knee. Suddenly she felt her face heat up and was aware that she was in her nightclothes just as Draco was too. Draco smirked at her blush and chuckled.

"Hermione Jean Granger, I love you and I want you to be mine forever and ever. Will you marry me?" asked Draco, pulling the object from behind his back.

Hermione gasped as he opened the box to reveal the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. Her words were caught in her throat as Draco grinned like the happiest man in the world.

"Yes," Hermione managed to choke out.

Draco's smile grew wider and he took the ring out of the blue velvet box. He put the ring on her ring finger and stood up. Draco grabbed Hermione and pulled her in, crashing his lips to her's.

They pulled back after a while and Hermione stared at him before squealing loudly like a school girl. Draco laughed too and caught Hermione in a hug.

----

*couple of years later!*

Draco Malfoy rummaged in his pocket for the house key. He impatiently found it and unlocked the door. Draco shed his jacket and took his shoes off before going further.

"Daddy!" a little girl crashed into Draco's arms.

Draco spun her around and around until she giggled and grew dizzy. He placed her on his shoulders and walked into the kitchen.

"Where's mummy?" asked Draco, to his daughter, Mia.

"She's making dinner, my favourite!" said Mia, giggling and grasping Draco's neck so she wouldn't fall.

"What about my favourite?" asked Draco when he saw Hermione standing in the kitchen.

"My little girl gets whatever she wants then you, Draco Malfoy, get what you want," chuckled Hermione.

She turned around and Draco never grew tired of seeing the bump in her belly. She looked so beautiful in pregnancy. Draco let Mia down and she ran off to grab her crayons from the desk as Draco walked up to Hermione. He kissed her softly and sweetly.

"Yeah, well, you're my second favourite girl. Mia comes first, isn't that right?" he asked Mia who jumped up and down and giggled. She hugged Draco's legs and Hermione pouted jokingly "Fine, you're my two favourite girls."

"You're my favourite too, Daddy!" said Mia.

"My favourite aswell," muttered Hermione, kissing Draco again.

Draco's hands rubbed Hermione's stomach and she smiled at the loving expression on his face. Hermione took Draco's hand in her's and he kissed her again, trying to remember the time when he didn't love her. He realised he couldn't. He loved her half of his life and will love her for the remainder of his life.

Forever and Always.