Chapter Nine

"RUN!" yelled Draco.

He pushed Hermione and after a seconds hesitation she grabbed Draco's arm and stared into his eyes before pulling him behind her.

The tree's seemed to close in on them as they ran, full out and as fast as they could. The branches seemed to deliberately spring out and catch them, scratching into their skin.

"Who are they?!" Hermione yelled, running but keeping a right grip on Draco.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have bought you here!" yelled Draco, taking her hand.

Suddenly realisation dawned Hermione's face. He did this on purpose! He meant to bring her here so that they could capture her... Hermione couldn't believe that Draco would lie after everything they had been through. Although, she knew Draco was a good liar.

Hermione glared at him ferociously before ripping her hand out of his. Draco frowned at her. Without glancing at Draco, she took off to the side.

"Don't run away from me!!" Draco yelled angrily but Hermione ignored him.

She ran faster and faster, avoiding branches and trees.

"Run. Don't look back. Just run. Forget Malfoy. Just. RUN!" she encouraged herself.

She took in a deep breath and ran faster but her ankle caught on something on the ground and she face planted the dirt.

"Well, well, good try, mudblood. Too bad, you're caught." a death eater leaned down and turned Hermione around so she lay on her back, "You've got a bit of dirt on your face. Let me take care of that."

The unfamiliar death eater raised his wand and grinned.

"This may hurt just a little." he said.

He muttered a spell into the dark night air and black sparks flew out of his wand and into Hermione's chest. The pain was excruciating and Hermione let out a scream breaking the silence. Suddenly her body fell limp and her eyes shut tight.

"No... No..." she muttered, trying to keep her eyes open.

She knew if her eyes shut, that would be it. They would either kill her or capture her and she wouldn't be able to escape. The death eater smirked as her eyes drooped and soon she was unconscious.

---

Draco's POV

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have bought you here!" yelled Draco.

'Why did I bring her here!' thought Draco as they ran. He knew he made the wrong choices, like he always does.

Her hand was pulling on his arm. He groaned lightly and took her hand pulling her as they ran quicker. She turned to face me for a second before taking her hand out of his. She ran off to the side without answering Draco. Draco stopped and stared at her back as she ran.

"Don't run away from me! Wait!" he yelled.

He made to run after her but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. He looked behind him to glare at the man. The death eater. He didn't really know him but at meetings Draco would notice him their but would pay no attention as Voldemort would be sitting a few feet away.

"Hope you haven't forgotten where your loyalties lie, boy." the death eater, Amadeus, snarled, "You and your family need some reputation. Now that we have the mudblood..."

His face twisted into a weird, ugly grin, defining the scar next to his mouth, as the air was split with a blood curdling shriek. Draco frantically stared into the darkness, thinking of only Hermione. He looked back at Amadeus then to the floor.

Did he really want to be caught up in loving someone he shouldn't? It wasn't good for him to feel this way about Hermione. It wouldn't help him or his family.

"That stupid Potter," yelled Draco and Amadeus whipped his head around to look at him, "Doesn't realise how lucky he is! He doesn't have a family he needs to protect and care about!"

"Shut it and follow me." Amadeus said and didn't give Draco a chance to respond. He pulled on Draco's collar and dragged him behind.

Draco nearly tripped over his own feet. He regained position and walked by himself, scowling at Amadeus. He thought about Hermione.

'Forget her!' his mind yelled at him.

He should forget her. She was a filthy mudblood. Nothing more. He needed to protect his own back and his family. Especially his mother, who had always been there for him no matter what the problem was.

"Good job! Knocked her out!" Amadeus chuckled darkly at the other death eater.

Draco looked to the ground and saw a body lying on it, not moving or acknowledging them.

Hermione.

Draco knew he had to forget her but his heart was reaching out to touch and heal her wounds.

How would he be able to get over her?