Chapter 18

This is the pilot speaking.  We will be arriving at our destination in about five minutes.  The aircraft is starting to descend so please fasten your seatbelts.  Thank you for choosing Cathy Pacific.  Hope to see you again.

I fastened my seatbelt and straightened my seat.  I can't believe we're already arriving.  I can’t wait to get out of here!

This is still the captain speaking.  The temperature is 40 degrees Fahrenheit, which is also known as 4 degrees Celsius.  This temperature is accompanied by light rainfall.  Thank you.

4 degrees?!  That is so freaking cold.  I can't believe I used my short shorts.  How stupid of me, I forgot to check the weather.  It’s a good thing I brought tons of jackets.  However, some of those are still buried under my luggage, and I don’t even know which luggage.

"Dublin, Ireland! I’m coming for you!"  I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Shh, don't be too excited. We're still in the plane."  Hallie popped her head behind me.

"Oops, so sorry."  I smiled.

Boom.  We finally landed.  I'm so excited!  This is the first time I get to travel with my friends.  The steward and stewardess opened the door, and people started to open the cabins to get their bags.  I got my backpack, and the line started to move.

"Ireland! I present to you Maureen Martinez!"  I shouted as I stepped on the jet bridge.  I went straight to the comfort room and changed my clothes into a more suitable one.  Thick knitted jacket, jogging pants and boots.

We went to the immigration, and when it was already my turn, "Pas please." the officer behind the counter said with an Irish accent.  I gave her my passport, and she placed some stamps on it.

"Reason de coming?"

"Sorry?"

"Reason of coming."

"Vacation."

"Taitneamh a bhaint as. That means enjoy."  She smiled a bit.

"Thank you."

I waited for the others and went to the baggage belt.  We got our luggage and pulled them to the exit.  I shouldn't have brought this much.  My bags are really heavy.  I was putting my strength to my bags when I suddenly bumped on someone.

"Woah, be careful. Let me help you."  The person caught the luggage that was about to fall.  I looked at him first.  He looks really nice and is totally Irish.  This is definitely a turn on.

"Hey! You speak English! Thanks."

"Of course, I'm half American."

"Really? Wow." I looked at him from head to toe.  He is about six foot and twelve inches tall.  He has blue eyes and brown hair.  He is cute, but not cute enough.  Chad is way too better.

"Can I drive you to your destination?"  He asked kindly.

It was already past midnight.  Ireland is six hours ahead of Canada, and I'm standing in front of a stranger who offered us a lift.  I don't even know if I should trust him or not.  Cathy was nudging me lightly and whispered, "I don't know if we should trust him or not."

"By the way, I'm Blake Flynn. Welcome to Ireland."  He smiled at me.

“I’m Maureen Martinez. Nice to meet you.”  I offered my hand for a handshake, which he accepted firmly.

I smiled, "Wait, I'll ask my friends about it."

I walked towards them, and Cathy followed.

"He sounds friendly." I said.

"Yeah, but you can't just trust him like that."  Cathy argued.

"I know, but it's already past midnight. Plus, it's hard to find a big taxi already."

"I know your point, but seriously? They're guys."

"Point taken."  Tiffany winked.

"Fine. If something happens to us..."  Cathy surrendered.

"Chillax. I don't think anything's going to happen to us."  I said.

I motioned them to follow me.

"Okay, we'll accept your offer." I told Blake.

He looked at us then at the baggage, "Woah, good thing I brought a big van. Follow me."

He brought us to his car and helped us with our things.  We all got inside, and Blake asked, "So, where are we headed to?"

"Uh… Westin Dublin hotel."

"Wow. That's a five star hotel! Okay, at your service!"

I was seated at the window side, which allows me to see the night-lights outside.  This is so great!  My first time in Ireland, and I get to see their nightlife!

"I hope you researched about this. Dublin is the capital of Ireland, and it is the most populated one here. If you girls want, I can give you a tour tomorrow."

My eyes twinkled.  I guess we don't have to spend for the transportation anymore.  I’m taking this advantage.

"Sure!" I quickly said, without hesitation.

"Okay then, I'll pick you up, 8 A.M. at the hotel."

I nodded excitedly.  Blake dropped us off at the hotel and offered to help us with our things, but I refused.  He already did a lot for a stranger.  He was too good and charming.  We entered the lobby, and it felt so home-ish here.  A fireplace at the right and a few sofas and chairs were on both sides.  The concierge is just straight ahead.  We got our room and the keys.

We were arguing about Blake on our way up, but there wasn’t much argument because everyone was too tired to debate about it.  We got the deluxe suite.  We were all in awe when we opened the door.  There was a large bedroom good for four inside and a larger living room in front of us.

"Looks like we're going to take turns sleeping on the sofa bed, and we'll have get an extra bed." I said.

"I'll take the sofa bed!" Tiffany and Yvette said in unison.

"Okay then. Problem solved."

We readied ourselves and went in to dreamland.  Looks like tomorrow's going to be a big day!

-Maureen Martinez, 19 years old