Chapter 23

I was staring at the fat guy with a machine gun and my hands were starting to sweat like crazy.  My whole life started to flash in my head.  It started when I was three, I was along the hillside with my parents and when I reached the top, I sat and rolled down.  Then it shifted to the time when I started to like a girl, I was 9 back then and I was sheepishly smiling like crazy when I look at her.  I used to imagine myself standing on the altar and looking at Hazel walking down the aisle but I never got to talk to her, I was a coward back then, good thing I met Blake.

I shook my head and I was back in Blake's house, sitting on the varnished wooden floor of the living room with the noisy guy ordering us around.  I was quietly sitting when suddenly a gun was pointed on my forehead, "Stop staring."

"Hey! Gambush! Where the heck are you?!" someone shouted from outside the house.

"I'm here!"

A man with a smoking pipe entered the house.  His eyes widened, shocked, "What in the world are you doing?"

"Doing my mission."

"Mission? You mean the letter than you got yesterday?"

"Yes."

"Stupid! That wasn't here, it's next door and you don't need a gun for that. All you have to do is the get the chickens and deliver them to the address given to you."

"Oh. Why do you always know everything?" he went out of the house scratching this head.

The man who entered after him apologized.  "Sorry for that, that was my cousin and he's illiterate actually."

"It's okay, good thing you came here just on time or we'll be dead meat." Blake said patting the man's back.

The man bid us goodbye and went out.

"Woah, what was that all about?" Hallie asked, trembling.

"We get those kinds of people once in a few times. We just have to understand them. Let's get going." Blake said.

Wow.  He acted like nothing happened.

We all went inside Blake's van and I chose the seat beside Tiffany.  "Where do you plan to go first?" I asked Blake.

"Dublin Castle."

"Castle?" Cathy's eyes twinkled.

"Yes. It was settled by Vikings in the 13th century before."

"Cool!"

I glanced at Tiffany, she's really beautiful.  It's not that I love her or what but she seemed to be getting my attentive even without trying.  My heart was skipping a few beats when I was talking to her.

Could I be falling for her?  Nah, impossible.  I'm currently courting a girl at my university, I can't possibly like two girls.

I moved closer to Tiffany, this time she didn't move away.  I think I'm really starting to like this girl.

"What are you thinking?" she asked, looking at me.

"I was wondering why you seem to be getting my attention." I didn't hesitate telling her because I somehow feel comfortable with her.

"Oh. That's nice." she nodded then leaned on me.

I felt my blood rush up my face.  I guess she's starting to learn from that Maureen chick.  I put my arm around her and let her rest on my chest.

I pity this girl, she's so easy to get.  I wonder what will happen to her when she gets back.  The question is, will she get back?

-Drake Casey, 20 years old