~4~

VERNONS POV

The teacher began to explain the report that we had to do on human reactions. I raised my hand. "Any human reaction?" I asked a bit confused. "Yes." She answered, "Feel free to do anything related to the topic given." "Ne." I quickly answered with a small bow before sitting back down. When the teacher told us this was an out of school project done with the person sitting with you, we looked at each other and I gave you a sincere smile. Just as you began to smile you quickly broke contact. I frowned a bit at your sudden reaction but then the bell rang. This is my chance I thought to myself. As we started to pack up I asked, "What class do you have next?" you looked a bit (jung)shook by my question. "I uhh I- I think I have cal- calculus." You stuttered cutely. I couldn't help but smile when you said that. "Oh! Me too!" I replied quickly. "Gaja! I said happily. We ended up having the rest of our classes together which was great. But I wasn't so sure if you enjoyed as much as I did. I ignored that until lunch rolled around. On our way to lunch we were discussing on what we were going to do for our project. "We could always do it at my house." you offered. "I don't have any parents so if you don't feel comfortable without an adult then we could do it somewhere else. Oh! Also its an apartment." No parents? I thought to myself. What would a boy so sweet deserve to live without parents? "That sounds great!" I said trying not to sound too weird. "We can think of the topic on the way home." I continued cuz I didn't feel like coming up with a topic now. "O- ok." You stuttered causing me to blush a bright red color. To avoid you from seeing me blush, I grabbed your hand and started to run toward the cafeteria. I started to regret my action until I looked back and saw you smiling with your cheeks a bright pink. You should smile more, you truly look beautiful. I found myself smiling like an idiot the rest of the way there.

Your smile made my heart melt.

Do I really have a chance with you?

What do I have to deserve you?

He couldn't possibly like or even LOVE someone like me.

I can only dream.