Chapter 12

*El's POV*

I'm weak but trying to be happy. Then there's just silence. Everyone we're holding onto each other, having nothing to say. Just thinking deep. Still trying to process the day. "What if this is all a dream? I mean I always wanted some action in my life but not like this. I wanna be home, I don't even know what mom and dad are going through right now. What about school? The ones who didn't pass, they're all must be...gone by now" the thought of that gives me the chills "Why us? Why my blood?"

I'm sadly drowning in the dark depths of terrible thoughts until suddenly we hear something. It's a police siren, actually, sirenS. It's like all the cops of the city are outside that door. We all jump. I pick that one blood bag that's on the floor. I don't even know how it fell down. I don't know what to do with it. So I just pick it up from the ground and awkwardly hold it far from myself. Then before we all stand up, one of the cops breaks down the door. We all get scared and step back. A dozen men with guns and flashlights run inside. The flashlights don't let us see anything. We all put our hands up and don't say a thing. We just keep stepping back. After all the yells that they're making finally someone gives them an order "It's the kids, stand down."

Then all of them start running into the building. After all those flashlights are off of our eyes I suddenly hear Ethan and Grayson call someone's name at the same time "Uncle Terry!!!" And they run to the guy standing in front of the door. They know the guy that gave the order. The guy puts his hands on Eth and Gray's shoulders and says "Are you guys OK?"

He looks at the 4 of us. Then Gray says "I really don't know"

The guy looks at all of our scared and confused faces and gets so sad and doesn't know what to say. Then Ethan looks at us and says "Guys this is my dad's old friend, the one that we told you about before"

Em and I start stepping forward. He notices the bag of blood in my hand and keeps his eyes on it until I say "It's a long story."

"Yeah, are you alright?" he asks

"Been better" I reply

"Let's get the hell out of here," he says

Gray says "How's mom and dad??" with a sad look and tone.

- "Worried, let's get you to them. Your families are waiting for you at the police station."

- "Do they know we're alive?"

- "I'll call them on the way, let's go."

Then we all walk out of that door. Then four nurses step out of an ambulance and run to us and put a blanket on each of our shoulders.

Terry "Do you guys need any checkups? Are you hurt?"

Ethan "No uncle, we're fine. No physical harm..."

One of the nurses tries to take the blood bag from me but I resist. Then Terry says "It's OK. They're OK. You can't keep that in your hand the whole time." Then I just let go...

Then Terry points the nurses to leave and he leads us towards a black van, Opens the back door, helps us all inside and closes it. Then he sits behind the wheels and starts driving.

There's 2 set of seats facing each other. Eth and Em sit on the right side and Gray and I sit on the left side, holding the blankets and resting our heads on each other's shoulders. After a minute or 2 of driving Eth brings up his head and asks "How did you find us?"

"We found 3 bloody GPSs next to a waterfall. We hacked into their system and found out that their signal was broadcasting from here. And we came here. But it looks like we were a little late..." Says Terry

- "Late? Why?"

- "I just got a text from my friend at the scene. They packed the entire building and left in hurry. They escaped."

- "Maybe they knew you were coming."

- "I don't know, but we'll find out. Let's just get you guys home."

- "Are you gonna call our parents?"

- "I just texted Sean. They know you're OK."

Terry drives us to the police station and opens the back door and helps us down, then leads us towards the door.