Chapter 10

*El's POV*

I open my eyes. It takes a minute till I get a clear vision. Then I feel a sharp pain in my arm. I frown out of pain and look to my left. It's Grayson. He's trying to get the needle out of my hand while his other hand is holding mine. Then I look to my right and see Em and Ethan staring at me. All I can do is to smile. Then I just start laughing and say "I got to you in time" and I start coughing. It feels like I'm coughing my guts out.

"Woah, take it easy," Says Emily

Then Ethan asks "Got to us in time? What do you mean?"

Grayson helps me sit up.

My vision isn't steady yet. Then I say with a big smile "The guy that did this to me told me that my blood will cure you. It can save you. If I get to you in time." I chuckle "I got to you in time..."

They all look happy but confused at the same time until Ethan finally breaks the silence and says" OK. After all the shit that happened today I'll put the time to process that for later...How are we gonna put your blood in ourselves? We don't know how to use a syringe."

I smile and point at Em "She can"

She looks at me and says "No, don't even think about that. That was ages ago"

I say "First of all, that was 2 years ago and second of all you don't have any other choice"

Gray says "How does she know how to do it?"

She says "I begged my parents to pay for a summer course so I can learn first aid and some basic things about... I don't know, doctor stuff"

Ethan said, "Then do it."

She looks at me annoyed and says "What if I mess up?"

I smile at her and say "You never mess up"

She walks to the table next to me and finds lots of needles in one of the drawers. She brings them out and puts them on the table.

"How am I gonna put it in myself?" She says

"I'm not stable right now. Teach one of them to do it for you." I point at Ethan and Grayson.

They look at each other, shocked, but don't say anything. Emily takes a deep breath and takes one of the needles out of its pack. I guess we're kinda lucky that all of this stuff is in there. Then she takes a look at the boys. They look at each other and E says "I'll do it"

Gray comes and sits next to me on the bed. I look at him and say "I missed you"

He leans in and kisses me on the lips and then says "Me too" while his forehead is still on mine.

I can feel Ethan and Emily are looking at us in an awkward way. But they go back to what they were doing.

After a while, Ethan says "Alright" and takes the needle. Em says "Just calm down, you got this" then he slowly puts the needle in her arm "OK it's good." says Emily.

Then the blood starts floating from the bag to her arm. After a minute she said "OK that should be enough"

"Are you sure?" I say

- "Yeah. It's enough to enter my body's system"

Then she does that for Ethan and Gray until one of the bags are completely empty. Then she takes the other bag and injects it back to me so I can take back my strength.

We are just sitting there, waiting for the bag to get empty, waiting for someone to smash the door open and capture us again. But it's just quiet.

After the bag is empty I can finally feel steady. Gray helps me get up on my feet. I grab that one bag of blood that left and we all get ready to get out.

Even though we're still trapped and don't even know where the fuck we are I relieved that they're safe now.

Eth and gray step forward then Ethan brings out a gun. I look so shocked so Gray says "It's a long story". I nod and say "I bet"

Grayson slowly opens the door but there's no one in the hallway. It's just quiet. Then we all step out of the room and slowly go towards the next door. We open it carefully but there's no one in there either. The door opens to a neat office. Actually not an office, just a desk with a chair behind it and a smashed computer on it. We search all the drawers but we can't find anything. They completely cleared out the room. But where did all those guards and doctors go??

Ethan says "There's nothing here, let's go."

Then we all leave the room confused and more careful with every step. It's just so fishy.

Then we reach the 3rd door. We slowly open it and it opens to another hallway, but this one ends with a staircase and a door that we can see the daylight from the above corner of it. I hear all of us take a very deep breath. Finally, a door that can probably lead to our freedom.

Gray and I grab each other's hands and step forward, E and Em do the same. We're kinda running towards the door with a huge smile.

Then all of a sudden, Emily stops lets go of Ethan's hands. Falls down on her knees and starts screaming in pain while holding both hands on her stomach.