The Viking And The Hybrid Part 2

Beginne am Anfang

Night Scale gasped. "So am I!"

Hiccup gasped as well. Turning to Night Scale more to look at him more in the face.

"I'll be eleven a month from now," Hiccup said.

"So will I," Night Scale said.

Hiccup and Night Scale looked at each other in shock before they both start laughing. They didn't realize that they were now leaning against each other. When they stopped, they realized that they were leaning against each other. Night Scale's eyes widen. He started to move away, thinking Hiccup wouldn't want him on him when Hiccup's voice suddenly spoke up.

"Don't. Please."

Night Scale glanced at Hiccup. Hiccup was looking at him with a pleading look in his eye, his hands clutching his left arm. Realizing that Hiccup wanted more contact, Night Scale moved his right arm around Hiccup before pulling him close hugging him. Hiccup leaned into Night Scale's scaled body, sighing happy and snuggling up against Night Scale like a little brother would do a big brother.

Hiccup smiled. "You're warm."

Night Scale huffed. "It's the scales and my body heat that keeps me from getting cold."

Hiccup glances up at Night Scale, a bit embarrassed. "Sorry, I don't get much contact from my tribe. They don't like me very much."

Hiccup attempts to move away but Night Scale just pulls him closer. "Tell me," Night Scale said.

Hiccup looked at him for a couple seconds, deciding if he should. Finally, he talked.

"Berk is a strong tribe. The Vikings are hard to beat. One of the strongest tribes there is. My father is Stoick the Vast, Chief of the Tribe. His saying is 'A Chief protects it's own'. The only thing is about that saying, is that my father cares more about the tribe than me," Hiccup explained.

Hiccup sighed before continuing.

"I wanted to fit in. I wanted to be like them. I admit that I wanted to kill-" Hiccup paused in what he was saying, looking up at Night Scale. Night Scale only smiled in understanding, knowing what Hiccup meant. Hiccup smiled in relief and continued.

"But awhile ago, I realized that no matter what, my father and my tribe won't like me for who I am. Not unless I grow muscles and start acting like them. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if I had died instead of my mother during a Dragon Raid. I only know because I heard Uncle Spitelout and my dad talk about it," Hiccup said, whispering the last part with a frown.

"But if you died, then I wouldn't have met you," Night Scale said without thinking.

Instantly, he blushed in embarrassment. They had just met and he already was attached to Hiccup. Hiccup looked surprised that Night Scale said that.

Hiccup blushed and coughed. "Well, uh, your turn," Hiccup said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Night Scale sighed at the change of subject.

"My father, Black Night, is the Alpha and King of the Night Furies." Night Scale paused, looking down at Hiccup for his reaction. Ever so slowly, Hiccup expression changed from listening to awe.

"You're a Night Fury! The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself! The dragon that never misses a shot! The fastest dragon of them all," Hiccup said in awe and in little fear.

Night Scale smiles nervously. "Yeah, I am." He then looked serious. "I'm the type of dragon you wanted to kill, didn't you." It was a statement, not a question.

Hiccup tensed next to Night Scale, looking afraid. Night Scale just smiled. "It's okay. Killing a Night Fury is every Viking's dream."

Hiccup sighed in relief.