My Harsh Reality

○○○○○○○○○○

"Sometimes something catastrophic can occur in a split second that changes a person's life forever; other times one minor incident can lead to another and then another and another, eventually setting off just as big a change in a body's life."
― Jeannette Walls, Half Broke Horses

○○○○○○○○○○

"Nicloe Sara (Last Name)! Get your butt over here!"

"Never!~"

"It wasn't a QUESTION!!! IT WAS A ORDER!!! "

You giggle as your brother keep on chase your little sister around the living room. Nicloe currently has Evan's headphones and is refusing to give it unless he catch's her. So far he's losing but you must admit it's kinda funny seeing a 16 year old boy (He insisted to call him a man) chasing a little 5 year old girl around a small living room in their pj's. You smiled at the lovely sight (even though you're starting to get a little headache) and continue to do your homework on the kitchen island.

"I said STOP you little troll!"

" And I said never~"

The yelling and laughing continue until you hear a door open and footsteps and then the whole room became quiet. You finish your last problem and look up to see Evan standing straight with glaring at Nicloe while Nicloe has her hands behind her back (probably hiding the headphones) and a big smile on her face. You look at what she is staring at to see your 18 year old brother Mitchell glaring at them. You wince because you know how harsh Mitchell can be when he's mad.

"I told you to change 20 minutes ago but instead of listening you just made a disturbance," Mitchell said with a frown.

Evan's crosses his arms and looks at Mitchell with a angry look on his face. "She to-" He started but was cut off by Nicloe.

"Evan and me were playing tag big brother!" Nicloe yells with excitement as she goes to Mitchell and tugs his black jean's. Mitchell looks down at her smiling face and his eyes soften. " That sounded like fun Nicloe, " He smiles at her, " Why don't you go get change in your room. " He gently pushes her to the way to her room.

( "Evan and I..," Evan mumbles )

" Okay big brother!" she said with a laughs as she skips to her room(aka you and Nicloe's room). After hearing the click of the door closing Mitchell turns to face Evan. Mitchell raises his hand to show his five fingers and said, " You have five minutes." He glares at Evan one last time and then goes into his room. Evan's waits for the door to close and before he speaks. " What a little brat." He sits next to you on the island. He crosses his arms and looks down. You put your homework in your backpack then turn to give a smack to his arm softly. You give him a playful smile, "Be nice."

He sits up straight on his stool and glares at you, "I am!" He whines. You roll your eyes , " Yeah calling Nicloe a troll and brat is being nice," You said sarcastically. He rolls his eyes and pouts , " She just makes it so hard!" You rest your chin to your hand and think. "Well maybe if you didn't spend so much time locked in your room and play with her she doesn't have to take your headphones to get your attention," you said looking at him.He crosses his arm and glares at you, "But you also lock yourself in your room." You raise a brow and cross your arms, "Yeah but I at least play and watch TV with her when she wants to." He opens his mouth to whine more but freezes for a second before slams his hands to the table surface and stands up with a angry look on his face. "THE LITTLE BRAT STILL HAS MY HEADPHONE!!!"

"SHUT UP EVAN!"

"WHY DON'T YOU MITCHELL!"

You swear you heard giggles in the background.