II - Sherlock's Female Equivalent

Molly gasped, causing the woman on her couch to open her eyes. She sat up immediately and looked at Molly.

            The women smiled. "Well dear, your finally home?"

            "Erh..." Molly didn't know what to say.

            "What's wrong?" The women asked. "You don't recognize me?"

            "Sh–should I?" Molly stuttered, keeping her eyes on the women's face as she approached her.

            "Oh," The women said. "Maybe not. Last time you saw me, my head was bashed in." She stepped closer to Molly. "And it wasn't me."

            "Wait – your..." Molly knew who she was. She didn't recognized her, but she definitely remembered when she was in the morgue. Christmas day, four years before. Her body was brought in to the morgue and Sherlock Holmes was the person who came to identify her. Her face was bashed up, so he asked to see the rest of her and immediately recognized her upon her body.

            "Has it come to you yet?" she asked.

            "Irene Adler." Molly said. How she remembered the woman's name, she had no idea.

            Irene smiled. "You do remember."

            "But..." Molly was confused. "You were dead, on a slab. Your head was bashed in."

            "Oh Molly," Irene said. "If Sherlock Holmes can fake his death, so can I."

            Molly stared at her in silence before she remembered how much Irene was wearing. "Could you put clothes on?"

            "I haven't brought any." Irene said.

            "What's that over there, then?" Molly asked, pointing to a pile of thick black cloth on the sofa.

            "Oh," Irene said, walking over to the sofa and picking it up. "That's just my coat."

            "It's Sherlock's." Molly said.

            "Not anymore," Irene said. "It's not like he doesn't have one anymore. He has lots of coats."

            "Put it on," Molly said. "Please."

            "You don't like what you see?" Irene asked, looking offended.

            Molly looked her in the eyes. "Put it on."

            Irene shook her head as she put her arms through the sleeves of the coat. "And I thought things were going to get fun. If only you knew where to look."

            Molly blushed.

            "Oooh. Was I wrong?" Irene smirked and buttoned the coat.

            "Why are you here?" Molly asked, changing the subject.

            "I have been asked a favour by the great Sherlock Holmes." Irene said, sitting on the sofa. "Sherlock wants you to assist me." She patted the spot next to her.

            Molly joined her on the sofa. "And what is the favour?"

            "Crimes," Irene said. "We are going to solve Sherlock's cases while he's in hospital."

            "Why us?" Molly asked.

            "Because I am his female equivalent," Irene told her. "Well, as close as one can get."

            "Okay," Molly said. "Why me? Why not have John assist you?"

            "John isn't too fond of me," The woman said. She took her hair out of a neat updo and let it hang at her shoulders. "Plus, Sherlock thinks that you would be the perfect companion for me."

            Molly laughed in disbelief. "Companion?"

            "Oh, yes. He said you did quite well when you helped him with those case after he returned." Irene said.

            "He did?" Molly said rather quickly. She blushed.

            "He did," Irene said. "So, will you accept my invitation?"

            Molly thought for a moment, and then smiled. "When do we start?"

            "John phoned Detective Inspector Lestrade," Irene told her. "We should be getting a call when a case comes up."

            "Okay. So, I guess just phone me when he calls." Molly said.

            "Actually," Irene started. "I don't have anywhere to stay..." Irene said, obviously expecting Molly to invite her to stay at her flat.

            And of course, Molly couldn't say no.

            "You can...stay here...I guess." She said, regretting it once the first word came out of her mouth.

            Irene smiled. "Fantastic," She said. "Thank you dear."

            "Just one thing..." Molly said.

            "And what is that?" Irene asked.

            "Please," Molly said. "keep your clothes on."

            Irene laughed. "I'll try, Miss Hooper." With that, she walked off towards Molly's guest bedroom where Molly assumed she had already unpacked whatever she actually had.