You Are My Sunshine ; Hinata x reader

Start from the beginning

"Ahhh, come on!" You pouted, staring at your ice cream with disappointment.

"Aw, it's ok [Y/N]-chan. I can't help the fact that I'm better than you." Hinata exclaimed, not even realizing how rude that sounded.

You glared at Hinata, anger emitting off of you. Oh, how you were going to make Hinata regret saying that.

You abruptly stood from your swing, taking slow steps towards Hinata. You came closer and closer to him, your glare becoming more and more intimidating. Your figure paused once you were in front of him, you crouched down to his height on the swing. You stared him straight in the eyes, never glancing away.

But surprising Hinata, you flashed him a large grin. You giggled, before smashing a small dollop of your creamy ice cream onto Hinata's small button nose.

Hinata widened his eyes in shock, before joining in on your giggling. The two of you continued to giggle, as Hinata attempted to lick away the ice cream on his face with his tongue.

You laughed and pointed at him, attracting attention from your parents. Soon enough Hinata's mom and your mom rushed over, their phones recording poor Hinata. While you just stood and giggled at Hinata, who was clearly struggling.

Deciding you had seen enough of Hinata and his poor attempt to get rid of the ice cream, you kissed his nose, making sure to take the ice cream with you.

And oh boy, Hinata had never turned more red in his entire life.

My only sunshine

"Shouyou, you'll always be my best friend right?" Your 10 year old self questioned the boy sitting next to you.

"Of course, [Y/N]-chan. What's with the sudden question?" Hinata gazed at you curiously.

"I'm just afraid you'll leave me for someone better, that's all." You shrugged.

"I'll be your bestest friend for ever and ever [Y/N]. Don't you ever worry about me leaving you, I couldn't possibly find someone better than you!" Hinata grinned.

"You're really special to me, you know that Shou?"

"Of course I know that silly."

"You're my only sunshine."

"Are you only saying that because of my hair?!?" Hinata shouted, jumping up from his previously seated position.

"Maybe." You laughed, while falling onto your back.

"[Y/N]-chan, you're so funny!"

"I know I am."

"You're not supposed to get all mighty high about it, you know. You could say thank you!" Hinata pouted.

"Thanks Shou." You giggled.

"That's more like it. Now come outside and play volleyball with me!" Hinata energetically sprinted out the front door, and into the front yard.

You groaned, not wanting to go play volleyball with Hinata for the 38th time that day. But he was your best friend, and best friends put their own negative feelings aside, to make their best friend happy.