I looked around the room and didn't see Thomas. Katherine looked at me with a frown.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

I nodded and smiled at her.

"Grace, talk to you later. I need to do some stuff. And feel free to explore the castle," she said.

--

I was roaming around this room. The curtains were of baby blue color and the wall was painted with white color. Potted plants were kept near the windows. Sunshine was coming through the windows making this room so lively.

Exploring the castle would be great.

Gosh! This is the first time I will explore this lovely castle. Hopefully, I won't run into another problem.

I took a shower and went into the walk-in closet. I really didn't want to wear the clothes kept in it because they all looked too expensive.

I saw a paper on the floor. I took it and saw 'Don't worry, wear anything you like' written on it with a messy handwriting.

Who might have kept it here?

Even though I didn't want to wear those clothes, I had none other to wear so I took some clothes and wore them.

---

I was humming a song which I used to hear in my childhood. I am sure it wasn't sung by my parents to me. Someone else used to sing it. That song was in some another language.

I walked a little more and saw the castle's library.

I went inside and saw the librarian standing behind the counter, reading a book. She looked like she was in her mid-twenties.

"Good morning, Madam," she said, bowing down at me.

This made me so awkward. I didn't like it.

I just waved at her and said, "Hi!"

She gawked at me. I chuckled and she smiled at me.

---

The library was majestic. There were millions of books here. I was walking around it, looking at the books. The smell of the old books was so good and I am sure this smell made me high. I closed my eyes to savor the moment.

Suddenly I bumped into a wall.

I opened my eyes and saw the same handsome face of King Andrew.

I am dreaming.

I chuckled and touched his imaginary face and pouted.

"This beloved stuff is complicated," I laughed nervously because the face wasn't feeling imaginary. His face felt... real.

He cleared his throat and made me snap back to reality.

I can't freaking believe it!! I just didn't do that!

My heart started beating furiously. When we met in his room he clearly said that he didn't want to see my face again.

I took a step back and lowered my head. I squeezed my eyes shut and hid my face behind my hands, preparing to get slapped.

After a few moments, I noticed that I wasn't slapped. I opened my eyes and saw him gaping at me.

He took a step forward and touched my cheeks.

"I would never hurt you," he said and went away from the library.

Oh gosh! I can't believe I touched his face! Ugh!! I am so dumb. I felt so embarrassed.

I took a deep breath and tried to forget what just happened. After that, I went towards another section of the library with my flushed face.

It was called 'The Ancient Books of the Klataria'. It looked really very interesting but I didn't enter it. There were too many spider webs in there. Why don't they clean it?

If it's ancient then it doesn't mean it should look ancient.

I sighed and went out of the library, waving at the librarian. She waved back making me grin.

The feeling which we get when we make others smile is just so wonderful.

---

I was walking around the castle and forgot the way back to my room. Ugh, where am I?

I took a left turn and screamed looking Kayla's lifeless body hanging on the wall.

•••

This chapter is dedicated to FrostnLilith

•••

So how was the chapter?

What do you think about Katherine?

What about Grace's unexpected meeting with Andrew?

Kayla's dead.

•••

VOTECOMMENTSHARE • FOLLOW