Chapter 12 - Caspar POV

CASPAR POV: 

"This is gonna be so good!" I said excitedly to Josh who was sat on the island table of Joe's kitchen. I was stood in the middle of the room, the now emptied room in my swimming trunks, waiting for the return of my ex-roommate. It was definitely revenge time for me, Joe has done a lot of pranks on me and I've never retaliated, until today. 

"Josh shut the lights!" I commanded after looking around the room once more.  Josh nodded, doing as he was told. I stood in the middle of the now pitch black living room, playing on my phone. This was definitely just a waiting game now.  

Five minutes later

I heard footsteps near the door, I hastily put my phone away, signalling Josh to do the same, who now took out a camera. 

"Are you serious? A nap? It's barely four." I heard Joe say through the door but what I didn't expect was another voice, a girls voice.

"Yeah and I like naps. They are what makes the human society function to its utmost capabilities." The girl explained and I looked over to Josh who had wide eyes, if we had known that there would've even been an idea of Joe bringing a girl home, we would not have gone through with this prank. This would drive the girl away, probably, and Joe would smash my head all the way into hell. 

"You seriously are so strange." Joe said and I heard a scoff.

"Like you aren't? Could you now like open the door please so I can take my nap?" the girl asked and Joe laughed.

"Oh sorry." He said and I heard the rumbling of keys. "But your room isn't fixed yet?" Joe said, coming out more as a question as the lock turned and I looked at Josh. If Joe was bringing a girl home because they're friends, maybe I wouldn't die tonight but if she was coming over so they would do some stuff, I would most definitely be killed.

"Can't I just crash on your bed?" She asked as the door opened, her voice becoming louder without the barrier of the door.

"Yeah sure." Joe said and I saw his hand turn on to flick the light.

"What the hell?" Joe asked as the lights were turned on and he stared me wearing my neon yellow highlighter swim shorts.

"Hello Joe!" I said but had no view of the girl, whose path was clearly blocked as Joe had yet to move from his position by the light.

"What on earth Caspar?" Joe asked, looking at the floor that was now covered in blue tarp. 

"We turned your apartment into a slip and slide." I said and Joe walked forward, followed by the girl.

"What the heck?" She asked as she entered.

"Hello Joe's lady friend if we had known you would be joining in the festivities we would've definitely saved the prank for another day." Josh said and Joe rolled his eyes.

"Uhm I'm Joe's friend but not his friend." The girl said, emphasizing that they would not be doing the nasty tonight. " I'm Bethany." She added, a wire connecting in my brain as I took in her features and her name. 

"Bethany, Alfies sister?" I asked and she nodded. She definitely resembled Alfie but she was much prettier than Alfie or Poppy. Not that Alfie was pretty, but if Alfie had been a girl, I assume Bethany would still be prettier.

"Wait, so Joe the person you decided to bring home was Alfies sister? Do you wanna lose all your friends?" Josh asked, making Joe scoff and Bethany roll her eyes. 

"Okay first of all my brother knows I'm here and I'm staying for a little bit. Second, Joe and I aren't doing the nasty or whatever you guys wanna call it." Bethany explained and then looked around. "Third, what is actually going on right now?" Bethany asked and I laughed, staying in my spot, not wanting to fall.