Chapter 2 - Alfie POV

ALFIE POV:

It was 9 am, which only meant that Bethany would be here soon and to be honest I was a mess waiting around for my sister. I was constantly fixing up the house, walking around and I definitely did not sleep at all last night. It's been a long time since I've seen my sister in person. She obviously grew but how much has the girl changed since she was sixteen?

"Alfie you need to calm down," Zoe said and I shook my head.

"I can't! This is my sister! I haven't seen her in years." I said to Zoe, slightly annoyed that she'd ask me to calm down She sighed, nodding her head and going back to her laptop to do some editing, fully knowing that there was nothing she could say to stop my uneasiness. I sat around waiting until I heard it. A beep from outside.

"Shit," I said and then ran a hand through my hair unconsciously. Bethany was outside.

"Do you wanna come?" I asked Zoe and she smiled at me, shaking her head.

"You go ahead, I'll say hi to her after your little reunion." She said and I nodded. I quickly walked to the door, my heart pounding at the thought of seeing my baby sister.

"You got this," I told myself then yanked the door open. All I could do was stare at the sight of my sister. She hadn't noticed I was there standing by the door as she was getting her stuff out of the car. But god, she looked incredibly different. Her hair was long until past her chest but it was still the same color as mine. Her figure insanely skinny, which was not how she left. She was definitely on the chubbier side when she was sixteen. She's definitely grown up a bit, her chest and butt morphing due to puberty and now she wore makeup, and she wore it well. It wasn't too much nor was it cakey. God, was that really my sister?

"Beth!" I yelled and her head snapped up, her hazel eyes meeting mine as they grew wide.

"Alfie!" She screeched, running towards me and tackling me in a hug.

"God I missed you, Bethany," I mumbled into her hair, she was still tiny with the height of 5'3.

"Oh, Alfie I missed you too." She said and then detached herself from me. I walked over to where her bag was, picking it up for her.

"Thanks." She said as we entered the house, Zoe standing there with a smile.

"Bethany!" Zoe said excitedly. They had talked a few times on facetime and they got along insanely well, which was a plus. I don't know what I would've done if they didn't.

"Zoella!" Bethany said back, rushing towards Zoe as they laughed into a hug.

"I'm so glad to finally meet you in person," Zoe said as they let go.

"Are you hungry? Alfie stocked the fridge for you." Zoe said and Bethany looked back at me with her big brown eyes and she smiled.

"Thanks, Alf! And yes I am starving. That plane ride without food was intense." Bethany said and I realized her English accent was mostly faded, only prominent with a few words.

"You didn't eat for twenty hours?" Zoe asked and she nodded.

"Beth hates airplane food with a passion. She never has and never will eat it." I informed Zoe and she nodded in understanding.

"Okay, what do you want?" I asked my sister, opening the fridge.

"Oh, I want that!" She said, instantly grabbing strawberry banana Greek yogurt.

"They don't have this stuff in America. I've been deprived for years!" Bethany said excitedly, holding the yogurt near her chest. I laughed at my sister and pulled out a spoon from one of the drawers for her, handing it to her as we made our way to sit at the table.

"Oh Alf, I have to get ready I have a meeting. I will see you both later!" Zoe said and I nodded, I felt her kiss my cheek and I looked over to watch her walk up the stairs.

"I like her," Bethany said to me, eating a spoonful of her yogurt. I smiled appreciatively at my sister. Her opinion meant a lot to me, or everything to me.

"I'm glad," I said then looked at Bethany, I could tell she wasn't telling me something. "Beth, are you okay?" I asked and she looked at me and sighed.

"Five years later and you can still tell?" She asked and I nodded. When Bethany and I were lying or had a secret we always had a tell. I'd play with my ring and Bethany would have shifty eyes, her tell was much easier than mine but not a lot of people noticed.

"God this is gonna sound so bad," Bethany said, taking in another spoonful of yogurt.

"What happened Beth?" I asked her, leaning in to listen to my younger sister.

"So when I left because of everything, I didn't think I'd get better. I was doing my thing in America, going to class, dancing and whatever. And I don't know, I think I'm better now. This is gonna sound kinda insane okay?" Bethany said cautiously and I nodded.

"So I went to this audition. It was completely out of my zone and I don't know how I actually ended up there but I was auditioning for a music video. Ariana Grande's music video." She said and I nodded, urging her to continue.

"And I got it." She said and I smiled, genuinely proud of my sister.

"Bethany I'm so proud of you!" I told her and she smiled tightly.

"You aren't mad?" She asked, confused and I shook my head.

"Beth, why would I be mad at you for that?" I asked and she shrugged, taking in another spoonful of yogurt.

"Because when you blew up on YouTube, I couldn't even cope with the idea of being approached by your fans or things like that. I don't know, maybe it was my anxiety. But now I don't know. It feels like so much has changed like the anxiety has gone down so much. I can ride that stupid airplane without wanting to fall apart and now I'm willing to be in a damn music video with Ariana Grande." Bethany said and I sighed, moving over to sit next to my sister, taking her hand in mine.

"Beth, you were sixteen. I don't blame you. We all knew the anxiety attacks were bad but we also knew that you needed to get better, to learn how to control it. I'm not mad at you Beth, I'm extremely proud of you and to see how far you've come in the last five years." I told her and Bethany nodded, pulling me into her to hug.

"Oh, Alfie no wonder I missed you so much." She mumbled and I chuckled. Glad to have my sister back. 

AN: Hello again, so there is the first little introduction to why Bethany might've left. You'll hear more about it as the story goes on. In addition, Bethany is a dancer in this story and she's not a YouTuber. The build up of this is a little slow (which is on purpose). So you won't see Joe until a few more chapters in but don't you worry! 

Don't forget to vote and comment and add the story to your library to get notified when the story is updated and all that!

- Monika