Chapter 12

*Third POV*

Grounded. Yup, that was Stiles' punishment for the Mexico fiasco. There was a lot of yelling and arguing involved as well, but in the end, it didn't matter. Stiles is grounded for the next month. No parties, no social activities, no more 'camping' trips to Mexico, nothing. Just school and lacrosse. It sucks. Stiles hates being stuck at home all the time, hence why grounding is the best punishment for Stiles. His dad was a little merciful and decided that Stiles could keep his phone. Stiles assumes that he only allowed that in case of an emergency though. By the end of the yelling session, the Sheriff hugged his son tightly, glad that he made it home okay in the end. That's all that really mattered.

Stiles yawned as he sat up in bed. Monday's are the worst. Besides, he couldn't get much sleep. He kept having nightmares seeing himself kill his loved ones. Scott's scream still rang through Stiles' head. Stiles shudders as the scream continues to reverberate throughout his brain. If the screaming is this bad in his head, Stiles would hate to know how bad it would be in reality. Stiles shakes his head a little, pushing the thoughts and fears aside. He won't let it happen. His friends and family won't let it happen either. Stiles looked at his clock and sighed in relief as he saw that for the first time in a while, he actually has some spare time before school.

Stiles slowly gets out of bed and walks into the bathroom. He does his normal morning routine, slightly slower this time, and gets changed into some decent-not-dirty clothes. Eventually, Stiles arrives in the kitchen to see a note from his dad and it read;

'Had to leave for work earlier, have a great day and remember, you are grounded, from school directly to the house, unless it's an emergency (Life or death emergency, I do not count 'an empty box of cereal' as an emergency) Love you, kiddo. See you tonight. - Dad'

Stiles groans at the reminder of his grounding, he grabs a granola bar and walks upstairs to grab his things for school. Once Stiles enters his room, he advances towards his nightstand and unplugs his new phone, which his dad made him pay for, Stiles fetches his bag and homework before going back downstairs and leaving for school. Suddenly, he hears a ding from his phone. Stiles unlocks his phone and finds the new message.

Malia: Hey, do you want to come to my place after school?

Stiles: Can't. I'm grounded, remember?

Malia: Oh, right. Maybe I can come to your place then?

Stiles: Uh, sure, if you know how to sneak around my dad.

Malia: I'll be fine. I'll be there at 8. Leave your window open.

Stiles: Okay?

Stiles places his phone back into his pocket, feeling a little bit confused. Is something wrong? If there was, why couldn't Malia talk about it at school? They could easily go somewhere private. Stiles decides to shrug the matter off for now. He'll face the possible problem when he comes to it. Stiles double checks he has everything before walking out of the house and jumping into the jeep. He starts the engine and starts driving towards the high school.

Stiles eventually pulls over in the school's parking lot, he kills the engine and walks out of the driver's seat. Just as Stiles steps a foot inside the school he almost jumps in fright as a hand is suddenly placed on his shoulder. Stiles gasps as he quickly turns around to meet his crooked jawed friend. "I seriously need to buy you a bell, you'll give me a heart attack one day!" Stiles sighs while Scott just chuckles.

"You know, for a supernatural creature with heightened senses, you really don't know when people are sneaking up on you." Scott points out with a smirk.