Chapter 12: Siege At The Convention

"I knew it was you, Mr. Baker. You are the moderator of the club." Layla stated while jotting down notes, which seems equally unnerving. The meeting seems to be urgent, while the other clubs aren't that much fast. Mr. Baker made the write their names down the interface board. All of the squad registered in the club. The meeting is in the Lab, by the way.

Some students joined the club, and some are a year higher or lower than Cris' friends. Some of them included the Sapporo twins: Lena and Linux, Justfere Jimenez, Rachelle Zokovich, Fahtima Abdul, Zed Lachman, and Koji Lascaux. "All of them had previous experience with training and with extreme precision." Mr. Baker stated while introducing the members at his club.

30 minutes have passed and the meeting was almost finished because of explaining the objectives and goal of the club while Justfere, the one having the most enthusiasm, is thinking of an icebreaker. "Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Baker, but when exactly are we going to assign the positions of the members in the secondary ship?" Justfere asked without hesitation. Mr. Baker just looked at Justfere while he just projected the list in the board:

Lena and Linux: Pilots
Justfere:searcher/rescuer
Rachelle:Builder
Fahtima:Nurse
Zed:Engineer
Koji:Paladin

After that, Mr. Baker explained the objectives of the club. "We are all part of an organization called the ARS, or the Artifact Retrieval Society. We must work hard to retrieve the artifact, or at least make an effort." Mr. Baker conquested while making uncomfortable hand movements. "I am serious, I swear." Mr. Baker said as he took back his words while being interrupted by the twins and Zed. "Is this for real! OMFrickenG!" "I CAN'T EVEN!" said the twins as they both returned to their phones. "How about it? Do you care about us?"replied Zed as he glared at Mr. Baker as an all around commotion started at the club. "Would you please stop!?! Mr. Baker is doing this for us because he wants us to retrieve the artifact safe and sound, not for you to get an ask around commotion!" Fahtima said as she suddenly stopped the commotion, which actually works, because she haves a manly voice when angry. "Fahtima was right, so can you please cooperate?" Mr. Baker said as he tried to do his best good-cop/bad-cop impression to his students, and it actually worked. "There is a dark force coming towards us. The SIGNIS is an organization impacted towards destroying the artifact and our planet. We must get out of here before it's too la..... " Mr. Baker said as he stopped functioning due to an unknown robotic force behind his back.

"Who are you?" Cris said to the Cyborg-like being. "They are SIGNIS drones. We must get out of here before they even got to u......" Fahtima said as she and the new members were transported by a tractor beam that came out of a SIGNIS drone. Everybody in the club were frightened, so they headed to the nearest exit in the club room.

As they exited the room, it turns out that the whole school is run by SIGNIS drones.

"The poor students, teachers and staff, we must help them

"The poor students, teachers and staff, we must help them." Said Cris, who is in complete shock after in what he just saw. They all got to the training room, in which their weapons were stalled. "Do you think we can fight all 250 drones at once?"asked Gio who seems to have precise counting of all the drones in their school. "I think so."replied Layla. "How do you know there are 250 drones in the school?"asked Relle, who is surprised by Gio's bizarre counting abilities. "I have mini drones implanted in every room in the school...except for the comfort rooms." Gio replied back as the gang seemed relieved on what he just said. "Okay, there are 6 floors in total, 1 auditorium , 1 gymnasium and 1 cafeteria. We will split up in the six floors, since they take up less space. Then, we team up to take down the drones in the areas that take up the most space. And then we can go find the other students and save anyone that is in trouble." Rose replied as they formulated a plan to get their friends and the whole school itself.

30 minutes have passed as they kicked butt in the building, but their training have paid off, that's for sure as they put their skills in action alone, like the 12th person killstreak of Layla and Gio. While partners like Cris, Paul and Relle's kill and heal technique that they have been working on, have paid off as they cleared out 2 storeys of the building, including the garden and the library. They let MeiMei escape and thankfully, hadn't got a single blow on MeiMei and the other animals.

It seems that, when they got into the Auditorium and Gymnasium, things got pretty out of hand, especially that the drones pretty much kept almost all of the students and teachers that are captured in the seats. So it took them about 45 minutes each, by teaming up and taking out the drones, and disabling the tractor beams.

After that, they are pretty sure that they got all of them, but they forgot about Mr. Baker and the others, and it took only a second for Cris to realize what they had forgotten.

Not a second ago, they have been searching the whole school looking for clues that will lead them to potential danger. "Let's go to the library, there must be some important  message that will lead us to the safekeeping. The file is rumoured to be hidden inside of the bookfile 'THE SOCIETY. EXEC." Said Paul, as he must've been hitting up the books lately.

'It's been an hour since we have been searching the whole library to find the certain bookfile."said Drew in his impatient tone. Eventually, they found the bookfile to download in his Ebook, and it took another hour to search for the clue. Relle stated"Guys, it said that the drives were manufactured here in Mr. Baker's lab, now room 10-5" "But we when we went there, the drones didn't exactly take them there. Because the meeting was in the lab, sans the chance that the drones actually take them there. Hence, the article stated that the lab they were talking about wasn't the lab of Mr. Baker. It's actually the parallel were looking for."stated Gianne, whose logical explanation made sense while pointing out the whole article. "That means, that the room we're actually looking for is room 1-2, as there are 10 rooms in each floor, and there are 6 floors in total, hence the parallel."said Gio. "Or you could just simplify the fraction/ratio."replied Relle, who is laughing off the slowly dragging face of Gio.
*
*
*
This means that the lair is in Cris' homeroom.
*
*
*