Chapter 9: Reunion

"Whoa, this is awesome." Cris said as he found something in the locker, some necessary equipment for pilots and a gunpowder enhancement pack for his gunblade. He also found a couple of instant survival kits for emergencies.

When he suddenly heard a voice from the outside from his room, his mom

When he suddenly heard a voice from the outside from his room, his mom. "Cris, go to sleep alrighty. We have a big day tomorrow." His mom said while Cris heard some arguing outside of his room. But before he goes to sleep, he wonders about five things:
1. Is Great grandpa (GG) Max a pilot?
2. Why did he leaves these things                behind for me exactly?
3. Why is Mr. Baker my great-uncle?
4. Is Mr. Baker and GG Max friends?
5. Why an I chosen to retrieve the    artifact? And why is the artifact      supposed to be retrieved, anyway?

9:00 a.m.
CRIS'  BEDROOM

Cris realized that he overslept, and the funeral ceremony was supposed to be starting at 9:30. So he hurried and got his whole routine done in just 10 minutes. "Cris, let's now go." Linda said as she was putting on her veil and their belongings as they are staying overnight their relatives house. His dad was starting on the engine of the hover car, and it seems like they are ready to go.

The supposed journey was three hours long to the funeral homes, as crematoriums in his city were not available, and the rest of his family lives in the next town over.

After the long 3 hours journey, he was greeted by a warm, but yet grievous hello as he looked at his Great-Aunt who had passed away. He was receiving looks of both disgust and happiness as his family walks by. He was forced to watch his Great Aunt being reduced into ashes as he was going through the whole ceremony without saying a word.

After that, his family and his relatives went to a restaurant due to the superstition that the ghost of the one being buried will haunt the next place that they were staying in.

There was an awkward silence when the grownups in his family talked about his mom and dad. There sender to be an issue between the two of them, especially when there are over 50 people in the dinner table, sharing stories. "The words in the will, they sounds familiar to me." Cris wondered quietly when someone heard him talk about the will. There are many eyes starting at him, deep in his soul. When suddenly, a man, probably his uncle, blurted out "Grandpa Max and Great Aunt Debbie were once friends, and their families unite when Great aunt Debbie married great aunt Seth. She and Grandpa Max were great, world explorers, probably working at NASA"
"So, what is the will?" Cris' mom asked his brother in law, and he said quietly while walking to the parking lot:
*
*
To all of the descendants of the Phobos sphere defenders:
The key item to the Phobos sphere is in the following riddles:
1.)
When you have to unlock something
But a code isn’t what you need
You need this thing that’s on a ring
Which has been cut but doesn’t bleed.
What am I?
2.)
Find that item inside this item:
This sometimes has a window
And it often has a stamp
When it needs to be sealed
You might make the back flap damp.
What am I?
3.)
Find that item rolled inside of that item:
That item is found on the cylinder surrounded with a thousand squares. What am I?

As his uncle said those words, the rest of his relatives have up eventually, because they thought the riddle sequencing was just totally insane. While some of his relatives are actually interested, specially those who are good readers and are going, and have a lot of time in their hands.
So that left only 5 people interested in the riddle. As Cris went up to his parent's car, Gio's Cat, Meimei went up to him, looking very bedraggled. Meimei said "If my owner just stuck with wet food, I wouldn't be running in the mall with him trying to find a new cat translator for me. Id just trying to be the best ca…" as he was interrupted by Gio and Gianne. "Sorry for your inconvenience, Mr. And Mrs. Stafford, we are trying our best to calm down our cat." Gianne said while Cris explained that it was his friends while the couple saw in complete horror while Gio wrestled with the cat for a reasonable amount of time before going into the animal friendly ETRAM. While Cris has gotten into the car, he wonders about a few things, the riddle and the riddle inside a riddle, and the riddle  rolled inside another riddle.

The first thing that came into his mind while he entered the heritage house: where the heck is GG Max?  He answered the first riddle "I must find a key." He searched the whole house to find a different key but, he remembered the second riddle "I must find the key inside of the envelope." Cris wondered as he began finding the envelope near the Ebookshelves, but no budge. He began finding the item in the third riddle, and this is the toughest one yet. "You can find those two items in a cylinder surrounded by a thousand squares. Hmmm. Oh, I know!  You can find it in a toilet paper roll!" Cris wondered quietly as he went finding a rill of toilet paper. He sure found the roll in the cleanest bathroom in the house, and there he found the key inside of the envelope.

He quickly put back the roll of toilet paper before anyone notices him

He quickly put back the roll of toilet paper before anyone notices him. And sure enough, he found a coordinate in the envelope. "Find me in the last door in the left of the second floor." He quickly followed the mysterious note's directions and he began unlocking the key.
*
*
*
As he enters the room, a spark of wonder began consuming him. As he wonders,  a familiar hand and a gruffy voice calls out his name.

*
*
*