Chapter 6 - Punished

The rest of the walk was quiet with me lost in my thoughts wondering what more he could possibly do to me. What could be worse than hitting or raping me? Obviously, he had some ideas in his head. I look up at Colton. He seems calm, almost happy. He is looking straight ahead of him. He is such a beautiful man on the outside. 

Such a shame. His wolf is amazing too. Ailith breaks her silence. 

Makes you wonder what made him this way. 

Do you really care to find out? She asks.

I shut her out before asking myself the same question. Do I care? Do I want to know anything about this man? I mean, I can feel the sparks when he touches me and the feeling is exhilarating, for lack of a better word. His smell is intoxicating, I love it.

But that doesn't mean I love him. He is a horrible man. Mean, abusive and controlling. He had zero redeeming qualities, that's for sure. 

No, I don't care to learn about him. He may be my destined mate, but that doesn't mean I have to accept him. I will never accept him. That is something I can promise myself and my wolf. 

"We're here," Colton states, breaking the silence. I look up and see a courtyard with a pole in the middle. 

"What is here?" I ask. 

He chuckles, his facial expression turning dark. "Your punishment."

"No," I say softly, squirming in his arms. 

"No," I repeat louder as I continue to struggle against him, however, his grip tightens on me. I begin to hit his chest with my hands. 

"No!" I scream before I smack his face. He drops me on the ground and grabs my hand, dragging me the rest of the way to the pole. 

"Colton, no. Please, don't do this." I beg. I wouldn't normally beg, but I thought maybe it would be worth a shot. Clearly, it didn't work. He brings me to the pole, attaching my wrists to two cuffs. I am on my knees, facing the silver pole. My wrists burning against the silver of the cuffs. My leg isn't fully healed yet, so the pressure of being on my knees causes me even more pain. 

Colton is in front of me, looking down at me with an evil smile on his face. His eyes fog over, signalling that he is mind-linking someone. 

"What are you going to do to me?" I ask. I hate to admit it, but I am terrified. 

"You will see, just have to wait for your audience." 

I freeze. "Audience?"

Colton smiles, flashing his white teeth. He looks behind me and nods at something or someone before answering my question. "Look around, darling."

Looking around me, I see people coming to the courtyard. This can't be good. I suddenly remember my nakedness. "Colton, please. I am naked. Please, give me something to cover myself. Please!" More people come. I can feel their eyes on my body. Blushing, I close my eyes and try to make them all go away. 

A few minutes pass before Colton speaks. 

"Silence." A wave of quiet washes over the crowd. "I have gathered you all here today to introduce you to someone special. This here is Skylar Griffin. She is my mate and your Luna. However, we aren't here to formally introduce her to you. Not today, at least." Members of the crowd snicker quietly and whispers can be heard before Colton speaks again. 

"No, you are all here to witness Skylar's punishment for disobeying me. You see, since I found my lovely mate here, she has been rude and dismissive. She even tried to reject me. However, worse of all, Skylar here ran away last night. Thirty of my men and myself had to hunt her down and return her. We are here today to witness her punishment for running."