02

02

"So, you're Changkyun's colleague?" Jooheon, Changkyun's friend, asked Mia the obvious question. Mia nodded and let out a soft yes as she was listening to the American rap song that was playing with a lot of profanaties in it. 

Mia can't believe she accepted Changkyun's offer and is now seated on the backseat of his friend's BMW listening to vulgar hip hop at 10 pm. What would her brother say, he'd be so livid.

"What do you major in?" Jooheon asked as he stopped at the red light. Unlike Changkyun, he actually tried to converse with Mia. Which she thought was sweet since she really dislikes awkward atmospheres.

"Oh, I'm in med school." Mia simply said and Jooheon nodded and turned around slightly looking impressed. 

"What do you eventually wanna become?" He asked quickly after and I looked at the back of Changkyun's head that was bended downwards, looking at his phone.

"I wanna become  a plastic surgeon." She said slightly hesitant and Jooheon chuckled. "That's cool actually." The conversation ended there and the drive to Mia's was quiet besides the often talk Jooheon and Changkyun would have.

Jooheon knew the way to Mia's house since his aunt lived in the same street. 

"Thank you for bringing me home, it saved me a half an hour walk." She said with a smile and Changkyun finally looked up once.

"No problem Mia, if you ever need a ride this late again, just ask Changkyun, I don't mind at all." Mia smiled at his offer for the future, he seems like a genuinely kind guy, even though he looks like the exact opposite from it. 

"Thank you so much Jooheon, that's very sweet of you." Mia said and grabbed her bag from besides her to step out of the car. 

"Bye jooheon thanks again, and bye Changkyun." Mia said sweetly as the two guys both looked up at her from Jooheon rolled down window. They waved and waited until she arrived at her front door, which was opened the second she stepped on the patio. 

A though looking korean guy spoke with Mia and stared at the car until they drove away.

"Woah dude, is she married or something?" Jooheon asked and Changkyun shrugged. "I don't know man." 

"You never saw a ring on her finger?" Jooheon questioned further and Changkyun shrugged again. 

"I don't know, I never pay much attention to her." Jooheon chuckled and drove to his and Changkyun's street.

Mia chuckled at her overly protective stepbrother and stepped into the house.

"Where are mom and dad?" She asked as she took off her shoes and but them on the rack the decided to get, since mom hates it when shoes are laying around everywhere.

"Dad is at work and Mom is probably out with her friends." Kevin chuckled and walked upstairs. Yes, his name is Kevin. He lived in the US for a long while and he prefers to be called by his American name.

Mia decided to get some food and to make the last bits of her homework quickly after. Classes start at eight so she wanted to go to bed as early as possible.

Early as possible turned into a study session till three in the morning and Mia sure as hell regretted it as she was sitting in the lecture room at five past eight waiting for the teacher, who was late as usual, to arrive.

"Another late night again?" Mia's classmate Kihyun asked and Mia nodded with a pout and he ruffeled her curls. He was the only person Mia accepted that from since they've been friends for quite a while.

They met at their campus cafe. Kihyun actually has a dorm on campus unlike Mia because she lives close by and it's too expensive for her anyways.

"You need to go to sleep earlier, sleep is important to study well." There he goes again acting like a mom. Mia rolled her eyes playfully and Kihyun chuckled at the action. 

They talked some more about the homework for today until the teacher finally arrived and the lecture started. 

"I could so use some sleep right now." Mia said as she walked Kihyun to his dorm building which she did a lot since it was on her way home anyways. 

"Go get some sleep once you get home, you don't have work anyways." Mia nodded and waved at Kihyun who stepped into his building.

With a deep sigh, Mia decided to walk the twenty minutes instead of taking the bus. She could use some fresh air before she's gonna take the longest nap she's probably ever taken.

She put in her earbuds and turned on Taeyeon's new album and started talking home.

The weather was pretty cold but since she wore a thick sweater with a shirt underneath and her large denim jacket, she barely felt anything of the cold.

As Taeyeon's beautiful voice filled Mia's ears, she noticed that a black car was slowing down next to her so she decided to walk a little faster, hoping it was just all in her head. Until she heard a loud honk which startled her and made her jump up.

She turned towards the car for the first time and saw that it was Jooheon. 

"Get in the car loser, we're going shopping." He said and Mia looked at him in disbelief still in shock from the horn. 

"Shit Jooheon, you scared the shit out of me." Mia leaned on the open window of the passenger seat. He chuckled turned his car off completely. 

"I assume you just came out of school?" Jooheon asked and Mia nodded. 

"Don't you have school?" Jooheon laughed at that and then nodded. I actually do, music engineering, classes ended early today. You want a ride?" He offered and Mia laughed slightly.

"You're like a free taxi driver, why are you so kind." Jooheon shrugged and opened the door making Mia step back since she leaned on it.

"I refuse no for an answer, hop in." 

And like that Mia joined Jooheon on the not-so-wild ride home.