01

"So you don't actually go to a college?" Changkyun shook his head as he wiped off the cookie crumble covered glass table.

Mia undid her apron and threw it over the pink counter. The cafe just closed and she and Changkyun had closing time. It's her second week here in the Coffee Factory, which is the name of the cafe, and she's getting more and more used to it.

"Why do people think you're a college student too then?" Mia asked curiously again as she sat in one of the big soft chairs that were randomly placed all over the cafe.

"I don't know, can we just hurry up so I can go home?" Changkyun said grabbing his rag off the table annoyed and walked towards the kitchen not even glancing at Mia once.

Ever since Mia started working there, she's been curious about Changkyun since he was always so closed off and quiet to the other colleagues. But that's just how Changkyun is, he's always been that way, well for as long as the other colleagues have known him.

Mia sighed and grabbed her apron to hang it up on the kitchen wall. Changkyun was washing the rag he just used and handed Mia a broom.

"Do something." He went back towards the cash register and handled all of that.

With another sigh, she walked back into the store, past her always grumpy colleague and started hurriedly cleaning the place. Since it's already 9pm and she wants to go home too.

If you'd ask Mia 3 weeks ago what she'd be doing on her Saturday night, it sure as hell wouldn't have been working, but probably going out with her friends or something.

But money doesn't earn itself, it has to be worked for, and if she wants to someday live in her own apartment, she needs to continue working.

After swiping up the dirt she collected, she threw it in the trash bin that she later on had to replace too.

"I did everything. Cleaned the cafe, did the dishes, replaced the trash bags, cleaned the kitchen. Are we done now?" Mia asked as Changkyun looked up from a small notebook that he was writing in the things that we had done today.

It was the first time that he looked Mia in the eyes today and she was surprised by it. She has gotten used to his odd behavior, but once in a while the mean facade slips away and the sweetness comes out. But thats very rare with Changkyun.

"Oh really? That's great Mia. Let me finish up the daily schedule and we can go." He said with a hint of surprise, but also a tad bit of sarcasm in his voice.

However, Mia didn't care and smiled to herself as Changkyun's small dimpled smile was imprinted in her mind. She doesn't like the guy, at all, but she can't deny that he's attractive.

In the spare time that Mia had, she decided to get changed back into her normal clothes, which was only a shirt since she wore her own jeans anyways.

Just as she was about to pull the shirt over her head, Changkyun knocked and walked in without waiting for an answer.

"Aish!" Changkyun was startled by the sight of Mia half naked, but didn't make an effort on moving.

"Really Changkyun? Leave!" With a mischievous look on his face, he walked backwards out of the locker room.

If it wasn't for the amount of melanin Mia had in her skin, she would be as red as a tomato by now. It's not like a guy has never seen her naked or in a bra, but just the whole situation was embarrassing.

After recovering from it all, she quickly stepped into her casual sneakers and walked out of the locker room and saw Changkyun waiting at back entrance on his phone. He looked ready to leave.

"Ready to go?" He asked and acted as if that incident didn't happen.

Mia fixed her leather jacket and nodded as she stared at the floor out of embarrassment. She never gets that embarrassed, but it's unexpected accidents that catch her off guard.

They both waited for the alarm to be turned on and the doors to be locked in silence and stood there for a while.

"How are you going home?" Changkyun unexpectedly asked Mia as she looked up from texting her stepbrother.

"Um, walking I guess. I live about half an hour from here." Changkyun furrowed his brows as Mia placed her phone in her back pocket.

"Can't someone pick you up? It's past 10 pm and its a Saturday night." Mia wondered why he got so concerned and caring all of a sudden. If it was because he wanted to hit 'it' after seeing her in her bra, he was canceled for her.

"Nah I'm alright. I'm a 21 year old, I can care for myself by now." Changkyun chuckled and raised his hand in defense.

"Chill, just worried. My friend is picking me up, we can drop you off at home if you want?" Changkyun asked with his hands in his denim jacket pockets as he rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet.

That's when Mia started thinking. She could either walk thirty minutes in the darkness of this cold spring night or be brought home by her strange and rude colleague and his unknown friend.

It's not that hard to guess which one she chose, right?

-

finally 🙃✨