"Why does everyone keep threatening to call Reggie?" Paul groaned, still evading the question.

"Stop it! Just tell us why!" Serena said.

"Because I'm a leader! And leaders are there to serve! They're there to help and yes, lead, but most importantly, they're there for the people their leading! And I can't even keep the people I'm leading safe, what's the point of leading? If I can't even take care of the people I care about? May knew just what to do, but I couldn't even bring myself to do anything! I just..." Paul trailed off, his eyes looking empty and sad. "I can't do this then."

"Oh Paul," Dawn sighed, sitting down next to him.

May grinned and started dragging people out, Serena just as eager. Soon enough, it was just the two of them again.

"I'm sorry. I guess I'll be leaving after everyone's okay again," Paul said vaguely turning to lie back down. "Maybe I'll help with research on the mutts, but that's all."

"Don't," Dawn hissed with frustration, "Stop acting wounded! And all high and mighty Paul! Because you're not! Stop making...things worse than it seems! Okay, you failed once, but everyone makes mistakes! And no one sees that as a mistake! People are bound to follow the leader. By letting May go, and not going after her, you probably just allowed the rest of Team Eevee to be relatively healthy and happy! Okay? Stop blaming yourself!"

If Paul was ashamed, it didn't show. Even with bloodshot eyes, bags under his eyes, lines all over his face, and everything tense and angry, he still looked tough and intimidating. Dawn almost shrunk back, but stood strong.

"I'm not acting wounded. It's just the cold-hard truth," Paul said blankly.

"No!" Dawn exclaimed, slapping his cheek lightly. "Wake up! This world doesn't revolve around you Paul! You make a mistake? You fix it and you move on! You can't drink away your problems and then act as if it's righteous!"

"I'm not," Paul said heatedly. "Stop trying to turn it back on me!"

"THAT'S THE THING!" Dawn yelled in frustration. "The heart of the problem is your own insecurities and guilt! No one else's! No else is angry or forcing guilt on you! Stop hiding Paul Shinji!"

Paul was silent, glaring at Dawn. "Whatever."

Dawn threw her arms up in frustration. "Will you just damn listen already?!"

"I am listening," Paul snapped, huffing.

"Yeah, you may be physically, but really? What I'm saying is going in one ear and going out the other!" Dawn yelled. "LISTEN! STOP HIDING! You're still trying to protect yourself! Stop it! You made a mistake! Okay, but you can't wallow in alcohol! Are you listening? You need to man up and accept what you've done, make things right, learn from it, and move on!"

Paul almost hung his head, but still sat up with his shoulders back. "I am facing it. That's why I'm leaving."

Dawn face-palmed, "You bastard. I don't swear, you know that! But you fucking, damned bastard! You call drinking yourself to the brink of death FACING YOUR MISTAKES!?"

Paul seemed even more ashamed, backing away slightly, more wary. "I...I'm sorry."

"Stop the tough guy act. Right. Now."

Dawn was quiet, but she was trembling with anger. "STOP IT!"

This time, Paul did scoot back. Dawn never lost her temper like that.

"You," Dawn's voice trembled as she took deep breaths, her eyes wide and angry. "You, need to man up Paul! You act like your all this! But drinking yourself to death? That's the cowardly way you want to go out? Where's the guy that chose to become an agent, huh? And you didn't even make a 'mistake', worthy of suicide! No, all you did, was freeze up. That's all you did. When a person panics, they automatically do what they were taught. And we were all told to stay! To not help Serena and May! So you never did a wrong thing technically."