“Come here, girls!” Seth calls out from the football team. The football team breaks in half down the middle and allows the girls to sit on the edge of the float with them. I constantly look to see if Aiden is anywhere in the crowd.

            I hear random little boy’s and girls screaming candy. I smile to them, because they’re so cute and I throw candy to them. I’d be so upset if I accidently hit them or something.

            “Let’s get some pictures!” The yearbook committee calls out when the parade ends and the float has returned back to the high school. I move in front of the float and I put my arm around the middle of Hannah’s back and the other girls do the same. I shake my hair a little out of my face.

            “Smile girls!”

            I smile big exposing my teeth. I hold it until I hear the shutter from the camera. I relax my mouth and move my arm from Hannah’s back.

            “Okay, let’s get the girls with the football players.”

            I look over at the guys as they approach us. I smile at them and chatting with some of them until the yearbook committee tells us what to do.

            “Let’s put the girls in front of the guys.”

            I take a deep breath. They take so many pictures its ridiculous. I line up with my powered puff team trying to see if I’m even up with them.

“Hey, Kadence, could you move back a little bit? The line isn’t even.” A guy says from the yearbook committee.

            Okay, I guess I wasn’t even with them. I step back a bit and accidently step on Derek’s foot. I look back at him and apologize. He smiles and looks at the camera. I turn my head around quickly and get ready for the camera to take a picture. I smile big.

            “Alright, great. Now we want to do something different than last year’s pictures.”

            We all look around at each other wondering what the hell they’re going to do this year.

            “The tallest guys will pick up a girl from the powered puff team and hold her kind of in a cradle form.”

            I watch as most of the girl’s are dating guys on the football team, and they are tall so they pick them up underneath their legs and hold their back. I look around to see if anyone is going to pick me up. I see Derek being the only one who could do it. ‘Great. Awkward.’ I think to myself. I walk over to Derek.

            “Pick me up.” I demand in a joking tone.

He shakes his head and lifts me up from underneath my legs and holds my back easily. I wrap my arms around his neck. I remember the way it felt to be lifted up by Aiden, and the way it felt to carry her. It felt softer and sweeter… than the way a man feels holding me right now. I move the hair of my face with my hand and wrap it back around his neck. I feel a bit uncomfortable with Derek’s hand on my thigh while he holds me. I take a deep breath waiting for this to end. Finally, they take a picture of all of us smiling.

“Alright, let me down strong one.” I say patting his chest. He sets me down slowly and gently. I start to walk away, but he grabs my wrist. I turn around looking at him as he lets go.

“Talk to me over here for a minute, please.”

I walk with him away from people that are scattered around. I sit down on a bench next to him.

“I’m sorry for being a douche bag. Actually,-“ He pauses and stares in my eyes getting really serious. “Actually, I’m sorry for everything. Sending dirty pictures, saying sexist things to you, being a douche sometimes, and-“

I put my hand on his knee and stare in his eyes. “Derek, you have been trying to get with me since 8th grade. I’m not the one for you. There’s a girl out there waiting to be with a sweet guy like you. And hey, I’m your first step to leading to the ‘one’, the girl you’ll love forever, and if the girl you end up going out with breaks up with you, that’s another step closer to the ‘one’.” I smile and remove my hand from his knee. “I’ll hunt you down if you hurt a girl in anyway. Got it?” I smile again.

“Got it. We’ll never be a couple, but I know I’ll always have a special place for you in my heart. You are the first and only girl I’ve fallen in love with.” He looks down at the ground. I stare at his shaggy bangs that hang down towards the ground.

“I thought you were only trying to get with me, because of my boobs and ass or something.” I laugh.

“No, oh no I wouldn’t do that.” He looks at me.

I stand up and so does he. “Come on, give me a hug.” I smile and open my arms.

He wraps his arms around me and gives me a quick hug.

“Good luck tonight at the game.”

“Thanks, I’ll need it.”

I walk over to my friends while they talk to random people. A few of my friends shoot me a look ‘what we’re you guys talking about?’, but I try to ignore it, because I think that conversation is between Derek and I only. I cross my arms and I stay quiet listening to people talk around me. I have thought of dating a guy before, but it wasn’t something I’d follow through with. Of course to this day I’m still considered a lesbian, but I don’t care what people say, because I am who I am. I’m only human asking to be loved; to be loved by a girl...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is probably short, but the next two will be very long, because it's Homecoming. There will be 2 parts. I'm pretty busy today with writing my big report (stupid Advanced English lol =l), so it'll be hard to upload part 1 of Homecoming.

Thank you for reading!

Love.Peace.Vote.Comment. Fan. (Ohhh, the fan part is new =] lol.)