Chapter 9

"Man, the castle did really change. For the worst." Lui said, looking all over the walls, many pictures of the previous kings seemed to be missing. Delirious teared his gaze from the incredibly boring hallway and looked at his smaller friend instead.

"When was the last time you were here anyway?" The spirit asked, quite curious. Lui looked at the water spirit, letting out a small "hm" in the process. "Like 700 years ago? I dunno." The little creature answered and shrugged his shoulders.

Delirious did a "o" shape with his mouth, before stopping in his track. They were here.

The two friends were just standing infront of the door silently, emotions and ideas flying trew their mind, before Delirious let out a loud sigh. "Here it goes." With these words, Delirious opened the door. He was met with a room that had just a three things.

A giant table with a map of the whole forest, a throne right beside it and, of course, the king.

The king's dark brown eyes met Delirious's. With a smirk, the king spoke. "Hello, dear. I am more than happy to see you!"

Delirious, even thought disgusted with his own action, bowed down to the king. Trying not to meet the king's eyes again, Delirious replied. "Hello, my king."

The king walked to the water spirit and helped him up from the uncomfortable bowing position he was in, not that Delirious wanted the help.

"No need to be so formal, dear." The king said, replacing his smirk with a kind smile. But when he noticed the small fairy like creature on the spirit's shoulder, his smile fell and was replaced with a harsh glare. Lui seemed to wanted to glare back, but stayed calm. "Hey, Evan. Been a while." The king, Evan, seemed to murmur something under his breath before backing away from Jonathan.

With, now more angered voice, he spoke. "What do you want?" The king's met Jonathan's eyes, dark chocolate brown eyes staring right at the pearcing electric blue ones.

The water spirit gulped, his anxiety rising. Lui took a notice of it, he shot Jon a quick comforting smile before returning his attention to the king, speaking up. "We have a big problem." The king laughed sarcasticaly, altrought the two magical beings in front of him were already ready for this reaction. With a puff of black smoke Evan teleported in front of his throne, sitting down. "Let me guess, you need my help."

Lui rolled his eyes, bitting his lips to prevent any comebacks. "Evan, listen here. There are two humans in the forest! It's your responsibility to help!" The king hummed, clearly thinking.

Evan slowly looked up, attention on the water spirit. With a smirk, he spoke.

"I'll help but just with one little favor."
--------

Ohm, even thought clearly nervous, was handling the situation quite well. There wasn't any awkward silences and honestly, the two humans were pretty fun to be around! But, it's not like it matters, this is the first and the last time they will see each other...

"So, how does the magic work?" Bryce asked excitedly, looking at Ohm. He seemed to be very interested about how their world work, which Ohm finds quite amusing. It was always nice to answer these questions, that's one of the reason why Ohm likes this human so much.
The other one thought...

He didn't really ask much, yet Ohm sometimes noticed his own attention being pulled towards Luke. It confused him.

"Well..." The spirit started, meeting Bryce's gaze. "Magic works for everyone differently. For someone, it's connected to their emotions. When they are happy, their magic is strong, if sad it's the opposite. On the other hand, someone's magic can be controlled with just their mind but that is very rare." Ohm stopped, waiting for Bryce to take everything in. When he did, he continued. "My magic changes with my surroundings. When Im around  healthy plants, my magic is strong. However when Im around damaged plants, my magic gets weaker."

The spirit was very surprised with himself, he actually told them. He doesn't know where is all this trust coming from, this whole situation is weird to him.

"That's so cool!" Bryce said, mouth opened in awe. The spirit noticed Luke nodding, clearly agreeing with his friend. A smile found it's way onto his face. "Well, thank you!"

The atmosfere around them was nice, friendly. Ohm liked it, but it quickly disappeared when they heard footsteps.

The spirit quickly reacted, pulling his new friends into safety, hiding behind the trees. He didn't have to do anything, the humans were already silence as he wanted, they seemed nervous but than again, Ohm felt his own emotions waver.

It didn't take long for them to see who's footsteps were they, the discovery wasn't so pleasent, Ohm quickly found fear rising in the pith of his stomach. His fear came true.

There stood 6 men, with an armour that had a small owl symbol, they were the king's guards. They seemed to be looking for something, altrought Ohm already knew what that 'something' was. They were looking for the humans, there was no doubt about that.

Ohm looked at the two, now scared, humans. He should give them to the guards but... he didn't.

"Stay hiden no matter what." Ohm whispered, the two humans, and his new found friends, nodded. The spirit came out of his hiding spot, making his way to the guards who, now, had their attention on him.

"Can I help you?"

Finally, a new chapter! Im sorry, I had a major writters block these past weeks but there it is. Hope the chapter was worth the wait!