Author's Note

Dear readers,

Before we begin, I want you to keep in mind that this is a REWRITTEN VERSION of the story and the first draft had a different plot than this version. I've completely revised the entire book so if you're curious why almost ALL of the chapters have little to no comments despite the number of reads, that's why, as I've basically revamped the whole book.

Second, I also want to warn you guys that this book deals with tons of violent scenes and sensitive topics and that my characters are flawed, like extremely flawed.

They're aggressive, hostile, stubborn, and close-minded and their interactions will be intense. A lot of scenes will depict issues such as emotional abuse, generational trauma, violence, and vulgar language which will all be thoroughly discussed as it is more of something that the characters actually struggle with, rather than a plot device to give them a personality.

You'll find characters annoying because of how they react, but keep in mind these are results of what they've gone through and play a huge part in the story. But if you find some scenes overwhelming to read, that is completely valid,  considering they shouldn't be glamorized. 

With that being said, even though this is categorized as an enemies-to-lovers book, as the years have progressed and as I've become older, I've started to realize this book's themes portray an unhealthy amount of teenagers navigating around their childhood trauma through a means of escapism by engaging in very underdeveloped relationships, due to how I wrote this story at a very young age and didn't have a clue of what a true 'healthy' relationship looks like.

Although attempts were made in letting the characters grow and learn from one another, I just wanted to say that this book is more of a story about love than it is a love story.  

The so-called romance in this book is not to be looked up to, considering during the rewriting of this story, I've inverted making this story as something that was previously seen by my younger self as a romance story, but now is modified as a story about abandonment, trauma, toxic coping mechanisms and how our struggles in life leave patterns in how we handle our relationships, and how we can better ourselves from the experiences we share with people.

In conclusion, to summarize everything I've written above and put it more concisely:

THIS BOOK IS NOT A LOVE STORY. Nor should it be considered as such considering the relationships in this book are unhealthy, toxic, and clearly underdeveloped.

Still, amidst the intent of entertaining an audience, if any part of this book rubs you the wrong way feel free to point it out considering criticism is always welcome both for the book and my writing.

Now upon finally establishing the copyright, disclaimers, and warnings, this is the last part of the author's note that I wanna have to get into for the purpose of informing the people who plan to read or perhaps reread this story about the revamping/editing of this book. So, if you're interested in knowing much more about that, keep on reading.

Now, this book was originally written back in 2016 with the old title 12-year-old me came up which was, you know, very Wattpad.

Live with & Be with The Bad Boy.

I'll give you some time to swallow back the bile that came up your throat just by reading that.

Now as I was saying, the old version of this story, unlike this new version which we now know as Love Arranged, was very amateurish in comparison. I was only twelve then - editing, a story structure, and good grammar weren't very valuable to me at that time because I didn't really expect to get such a high number of reads as well as a dedicated audience because well, not going to lie, despite just writing for the fun of it all, even I was aware that my writing was trash.

But you know, the reads kept coming until finally we now reach here to this point where the story is literally at twelve million reads and for that, I am eternally grateful. Thank you.

The support you guys have given me throughout the years, specifically my old readers, has been tremendous and you guys really showed me what I wanted to do in life. Like what drives me and my passions and what's my purpose and that is, of course, writing stories.

So, of course, with this being my first book and wanting to bring it alongside me through my journey of being a more serious writer, I wanted to rewrite it into a book that deserves the praise it got, or at least a book that wasn't immaturely written.

Even if this story isn't the greatest and can be considered worthy of millions of reads, I still want it to be a book that people can read and maybe learn from, and enjoy at the first read until they finish it and when they perhaps read it again later on in the future, they won't have to wonder 'Oh, this book still hasn't been edited?'

That's why despite not having to fully guarantee that this version of the book from how rereaders remember it back then will be much more mature and show great improvement, it is still better than the pile of horse crap that I created back when I was twelve.

And you know, even if I do look back at this version of the book once I'm in like my 20s or whatever and find myself cringing still, whatever I'll be putting out now with the littlest bit of improvement that I've gathered since I started writing on Wattpad back in 2016, will at least be much more tolerable of whatever nonsense I came up with at twelve-years-old.

Point taken, if you somehow remember this book by having a sense of deja vu strike you by the names of Maggie and Evan or seeing my username and wondering "Where's that bad boy book she wrote that was completely one-dimensional and had no stable story structure at all?" 

Well, this is it, except that I've taken the liberty of outlining the story and taking the writing more seriously and not just writing down 3:00 AM shower thoughts and considering it as a dialogue.

With that being said, I hope you guys enjoy this new version of the book A.K.A Love Arranged. My new, slightly more messed up and less PG-13 baby.

This version will be drastically different from how the book was back then, so if rereaders still remember how the story ended and think they can drop spoilers that reference the old book (which by the way, is not cool, and please don't do that) sad to say that'll be very futile because this version is very different from the old one.

So without further ado, I hope you guys enjoy reading Love Arranged.