Chapter Fifty-Seven

Chapter Fifty-Seven: Maggie

It astounds me how much time has passed since I had gotten into a relationship with Evan.

It only felt like yesterday when I agreed to officially be his girlfriend and now we're already spending our first Christmas together as a couple.

The holidays rolled around quicker than I expected, but Tiffany and Mason, as well as my mom, decided that it would be best if we spent the holidays together.

My mom and I weren't technically close with our relatives as the families on both my mother and father's side (especially my father's side) tend to just keep to themselves and only select a few chosen relatives whom they deemed worthy of their time to spend special occasions with.

Unfortunately, my mom and I weren't one of those worthy relatives.

But we were fine with that considering we only really needed each other, plus it wasn't like we were close with them in the first place.

With our family tree consisting mostly of people who constantly kept building empires after empires of cooperation and only ever prioritized their jobs above anything else, the sentimentalities of family gatherings weren't really pivotal to them.

Except for my grandparents from my mother's side (not to say my grandparents from my father's were bad, but the apple didn't fall too far from the tree in terms of pleasantness) being the only ones we contact during these occasions, there wasn't anybody else.

But now after Tiffany and Mason's invitation, it seemed somewhat exciting to start the holidays because they were pretty much family to us at this point.

My mom loved being around them plus now that Evan and I are dating, we have grown closer and more intimate as well, now these events don't seem as bland as they were before. And mainly because Evan seemed to have a lot of plans once Christmas rolls around.

"We're telling them, during dinner. End of discussion."

"Evan, this is the first time I'm spending Christmas with your parents and quite frankly, I don't want it to be my last with them either," I retorted.

His eyebrows furrowed "Why? It's not like they'll have a problem with it."

"It's not them having a problem with it that I'm worried about, it's me having a problem about how awkward it will be for you to drop such a huge announcement during the holidays that I'll have no choice but to dump your ass right on the spot," he rolled his eyes at me for that "Can't we just wait until the New Year starts?"

"No! Christmas is the perfect time because it's basically our gift to them"

"You're treating our relationship as if it was the eighth wonder of the world."

"Well, it is for me," he said with a wink as I was the one to roll my eyes at him this time "Come on, Carter! It'll be great and don't you think it's about time our parents found out?"

As shocking as it may seem, both of our parents still don't know that the same children they had set up for marriage had officially started dating. But despite the sheer irony of it all, we do know that they'll be somewhat pleased knowing Evan and I have finally become the couple they so desperately wanted us to become since the beginning.

But it was still hard considering it was big enough of information to not drop just like so during dinner, we needed to prepare for the announcement.

Especially for my mom who was more aware of the past struggles Evan and I have gone through before we started dating, she'll probably be more wary of our relationship than Tiffany and Mason.