Chapter 12

All We Have Left Chapter12//

(Alli’s Pov) ~FLASHBACK~

“COME ON WAKE UP WERE ALREADY OFF TRACK AS IT IS!” yells Ben as he bangs on the door. “Were up! Jeez relax!” I reply, packing my things.  “God I hate him” says Ellie in the background “Why do we have to leave anyways?” “Because” I reply back “Ben thinks it’s better if we keep moving.” Ellie rolls her eyes “We were doing just fine before they finally decided to come back for us.” “Ellie!” Mom says “Ben knows what’s best for us, so does Sarah.” “What does Sarah know?!” Ellie yells “All she knows is how to leave and abandon her loved ones for someone like Ben!” “Ellie please” I say as calmly as I can “They’re going to hear you.” “Oh please like I care?!” Ever since Sarah came back to the house for us a year after the apocalypse started, Ellie’s been acting weird, and she wasn’t her funny, cool, spunky self anymore. Only cold, hard and mean especially towards Sarah. 8 years ago, both Sarah and Alisha left for one reason only Dad. They were sick and tired of him and his shit. His abusing, cussing, coming home drunk almost every night, all of that. So they left us with him until mom finally put her foot down and kicked him out, he got a restraining order and everything. Then it was just me, El, and mom. “Where do you think they’re going to take us?” mom asks Ellie as she combs her long, brown, wavy hair “Who knows?” Ellie replies “As long as I’m with you guys, I don’t care.”  It’s nice and quiet for a moment until Ben once again starts to bang on the door “LETS GO!” He yells “OK OK!” Ellie yells, as she grabs her backpack “Let’s get outta here.” When we get downstairs, Bens there with Sarah and he looks pissed. “Finally” He exclaims “Takes you a whole fricken year to get ready.” “Hey!” Ellie starts but I stop her before she can say anything else “I’ll put our stuff in the car” Ellie continues as she picks up our bags “Let me help” Sarah says but Ellie ignores her. Once they left the room to the garage, everything falls silent. Ben stood up against the wall with a knife in his hand and a weird look on his face. “So where are we going?” Mom asks. Ben looks up at us and laughs, then walks across the hallway to the garage door entrance and locks the door. “You’re not going anywhere” He says as he approaches us with his knife “You’re staying right here.” Mom grabs my hand as he continues to approach us, and I grab hers back “What are you going to do?” I ask shakily and as I say this, he knocks over a table, and some glasses. Mom and I start to scream and there’s a huge pounding on the garage door “Ben?! Ben?! What’s going on?!” Sarah yells from the other side of the door “Stay in there!” He yells “Walkers got into the house!” “NO!” I hear Ellie yell as she bangs on the door. Ben pushes me to the ground and starts to punch me “My baby no please stop!” Mom cries.  That’s when a gunshot goes off and I hear a big thud on the ground. “MOM!” I scream as I crawl over to her lifeless body. “Mom?” I say as I start to cry “Wake up, WAKE UP!” but she’s gone, the bullet went right clean through her forehead. I turn around and Bens standing right there with the gun to my forehead.  I close my eyes and sigh “Why?” I ask “Why would you do this?” he looks at me and snickers for a moment then sighs “Oh Alli, let’s face it you only slowed us down. I needed to get somewhere and Sarah just HAD to come back for you worthless pieces of shit.” As he continues all I can think about is Ellie and who she’s about to go off with. I can still hear the calls and cries coming from the garage door. “I’m sorry I had to do this hun, I really am.” Ben says sarcastically “You MONSTER” I exclaim, “You will never get away with this! Ellie’s smarter than you; she’ll figure you out soon enough.” “Well, then if that’s the case she better do it before I kill her.” He says with a laugh “NO!” I yell then he shoots me but it’s not in the head, it’s in the leg.

I black out for what feels to only have been a moment, but then I wake up, on a bed, and Sarah’s there with a gun in her hand. “I can’t believe I let this happen, I should have been there.” She says as she rubs her head “Ben told me you were bit, and to shoot you” she pauses and starts to break down “No, No, No!” I say but for some reason the words don’t come out. She looks up at me and starts to walk towards me “No, Please!” I say as she comes closer and closer but I still can’t get any words out. She grabs my wrist and ties it with a rope to the bed post and does the same to the other. Then shoots her gun at the ceiling, there’s a long pause before she talks again “I can’t shoot you, not after all you have done for me.” She kisses my forehead, and then opens the door, “I love you.” She says, and walks out, locking the door behind her. I lay there, silent and still. I can hear the cries and yells from Ellie, who must have been told the news of my “Staged” death. “Sarah saved my life” I think to myself “She thought I was dead, she couldn’t shoot me, but she saved my life!” and with that I black out// End of chapter 12