Chapter 9

All We Have Left Chapter 9//

(Ellie's Pov)

"So she's pregnant huh?" Carl says as he walks up to me "Yeah" I reply "And she never told me." "My mom didn't tell me either, when she was pregnant with Judy she didn't tell anyone not even my dad until later on. When she finally told me I mean I was so happy, excited too but I didn't know..." He trails off as he looks down, then continues "She didn't want me to be scared, your sister didn't want you to be scared THAT'S why she didn't tell you." "But she...." I try to say but Carl stops me "No, Ellie she cares about you, yeah she left you but you think she forgot about you? She came back, came back and saved you. She cares Ellie, she still does." He grabs my hand "If you keep living in the past, you're going to miss what's happening right now. Sarah's trying to reach out for you but you keep pushing her back." I think it over, what Carl just said, and he's right, I kiss him on the cheek "Thanks Carl." I say as I start to walk away "Where are you going?" he asks "To my sister!" I say.

I find my sister sitting on the edge of her bed, crying. "Hey." I say as I approach her "Ellie!" She says getting up wiping her tears "I know you're mad at me" she pauses and looks down "I was going to tell you, really I was I just didn't want you to..." "Be afraid?" I say stopping her "Yeah, afraid" she continues "I knew Carl told you about how Lori died and I didn't want you to think the same thing was going to happen to me." "It won't" I say. I walk up to her and hug her "and I'll make sure it doesn't." "Oh Ellie" she says, hugging me tightly "I thought I lost you" we hug for a while then stopped "So you excited?" she asks me "OH MY GOSH YES!" I say "I'm going to be an aunt!" we both laugh "Did you and Ben pick a name yet?" I ask "No not yet" she says looking down "I was thinking that you should pick the name, since you're going to be the aunt." "Really!?" I ask "I would love to name it!" I say hugging her again. We talk a little while longer and then I leave to go find Carl. When I find him, he's in the field kicking at a pebble. I run up to him "Carl!" I yell and he turns around "Ellie?" he asks "What's going......" I stop him from continuing and kiss him and he kisses back. I pull away "Thank you!" I tell him "Ummm your welcome?" He replies we and both laugh "Thank you for showing me how blind I was, you know with Sarah." "Oh" he says "No problem, you two are good now?" He asks "Yeah" I reply "Thanks to you." He smiles at me and I smile back "We better get inside" I say "It's starting to get dark." "Ok" Carl replies as we start walk back. And the whole way there, we hold hands.

I couldn't sleep that night, something was wrong I could feel it. I get up from my bed and tip toe out of my cell, trying not to wake anyone. I crept across the prison to Sarah and Ben's cell knowing that Sarah could help in some way. I was about to enter when I hear ben talking to himself. "I can't let this happen, not to you Sarah." "What was he talking about?" Just as I was about to leave, I see Ben taking out a shiny object from his bag. He examines it, and then starts walking towards her "not to you Sarah" he repeats. That's when I realize it's a knife! "No" I say to myself "he's going to kill her!" I get up as quickly as I can and run up to Daryl. "He'll know what to do" I say to myself. When I get to Daryl, he is awake, playing with his arrows from his crossbow. "Daryl" I say. He jumps "damnit Ellie you scared me!" he says as he picks up the arrow he dropped. "Sorry but it's an emergency!

Hurry!" I say. He gets up and follows me, carrying his crossbow with him. We start running to their cell, making so much noise to the point where people are starting to wake up, but to me that doesn't matter anymore my sister is what matters, and I can't let ben take her from me. Not now. When we get to their cell, all I can hear and see is the pounding of my racing heart, the screams and cries from Sarah, and the blood on Bens face.//End of Chapter 9