chapter 14- consternation

"he loved to hear her beautiful  screams, he was so sad once they were gone. He knew he was sick but she loved it" 

consternation -feelings of anxiety or dismay, typically to something unexpected 

Kaylas POV

the door from up the many steps creaks open as a horrid voice that im much to familiar with speaks through the room "hello beautiful" he drags the name.

Carl comes bouncing down the stairs a fake smile stretched on his face. 

he glances at me chained to the wall and runs his finger across my chin "so pretty" he whispered in my face.

i shivered and pulled away.

"i need to use the bathroom." my rough voice spoke quietly 

"thats all you have to say?" he whispers in my face

i stare up at him my red puffy eyes stare into his blue ocean eyes. they were broken almost as much as mine. i pull my eyes away from him and look at the stairs.he grips my chin and forces me to once again look at him

"Is that all you have to say?" his tone changes

"please" i push out my voice more hoarse then the first time but more attitude.

while keeping eye contact he grabs the key from his pocket and unlocks the cuff from the chains.

he grabs my wrist ruffly and stands me up. my arms remain behind my back. my legs shake as i almost fall to the floor but his grip on my wrist keeps me up. he pushes me forward as my legs shake with each step but his support keeping me steady. 

we stumble a little as we get to the last step of the stairs. he pushes open the door one hand still on me walking through the sun blinded me from the lack of light ive seen making me trip over the bottom ledge making me fall. He rushes to my aid and lifts me up sincere held his eyes almost as if he cared but just as soon as it came and went. his eyes turned to anger and once again his voice was raised.

"quit being so damn clumsy" he jerks my arm forward 

we walk down the hall silence lingered.

i look up at him trying to catch his eyes in my ow but it wouldn't happen.

giving up i look around the house catching a window in view and the beautiful outside

" oh its been so long"

finally at the bathroom he kicks open the door pushing me it. 

he lets go of my hands and fallows me into the bathroom leaning against the door to shut it. 

i stay staring at him until he looks at me "what" he gives me a dirty look

i look to the toilet and back at him shrugging my shoulders.

he huffs and turns his face to the door.

i take the time to play with my button looking for anything to hit him with when i spot a glass soap bottle. wont hurt that much but maybe enough.

"hurry up will ya?" he speaks making me jump.

i keep my pants on and sit on the toilet reaching up to grab the bottle.

i quietly grab it making a klink noise .

"what are you doing?" Carl begins to turn around

"stop!" i catch myself "im wiping" i whisper almost embarrassed.

once again he huffs and turns to the door.

i grip it hard in my hand and stand up "im done" i whisper moving the object behind my back

I back up against the wall and he comes closer "lets go kayla" he growls

he reaches his hand out and i take my chance and smash the bottle on his head. He cries in pain and falls to the floor. i freeze for a little until reality hits me and jump over him stumbling when i land and his hand grips my ankle but i easily slipped out. 

i run down the hall and turn back to see him lifting himself off the floor "get back here Kayla!" i run out the house nothing near by to grab for protection but i dont have time to look. i run out the house and down the few steps catching myself on the balcony.

"Kayla!" he yells running down the hall. 

i look to the left and take off running. the train tracks are visible from here. i turn back to see carl stumbling from the house blood dripping from his forehead. i can either run away or go back to Michonne, but if i go back he might keep tormenting me. i keep a fast paste and run to my destination maybe this is the right answer maybe they can help. maybe my family is still alive. train tracks it is. 

hopefully i never see him again. With that thought I ran and ran not knowing where my feet were bringing me

im a horrible person I noooo im