Aurora de Martel #2

You agree to meet up with Aurora in New Orleans. Whatever she's up to, you know it can't be anything good. The fact that she's hanging around the same city as Klaus Mikaelson is alarming as well.

 When you do arrive in the city, you wander around for a bit. Aurora didn't say where exactly she wanted to meet, and you don't know where to find her. But soon, someone falls into step behind you.

 "Hello, Y/N," Aurora says. "I'm glad you came."

 "I was curious to see what you're up to," you say. "Why are you in New Orleans, Aurora?"

 "My brother is here."

 "From what I remember, your brother had you locked away somewhere."

 "Exactly. He did. He doesn't mind that I'm here. And besides, I didn't come here to see Tristan. I'm here in New Orleans for someone else."

 "I'm going to guess that someone is Klaus," you say.

 "Who else would it be?" She smiles. "He missed me. I know he did. I told him the truth, how Elijah compelled me to hate him. Now the only one receiving hate will be Elijah."

 "Are you sure you want to go that road?" you ask. "You know that no matter what happens, those two always manage to stick together."

 "Oh, I'm not worried," Aurora replies. "I fact, I'm very confident in myself. I think Klaus is secretly happy to see me again, and I'm sure I am work that to my advantage."

 "So, are you working with your brother? Or Lucien Castle, since he's also in town?"

 "I don't need to work with anyone, Y/N. I am perfectly fine on my own." She sighs. "I didn't ask you here to argue with you. If I'm going to be working with anyone, I want it to be you. Will you help me with my plans, Y/N?"

 You hesitate before saying, "I'll think about it."

 She smiles. "I'm glad. Now, come on. Enough of this seriousness. Let's go get a drink and catch up. It's been at least a century, hasn't it? Come on."

 You silently follow her across the street. You don't want to argue with her, but you know Klaus is going to break her heart somehow. It seems she'll have to figure that out on her own.